[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics: The Lip Tars

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I had trouble writing a review about Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics because I couldn't put into words what I felt about this line. I think I have imprinted my footprints deeply into my carpet from pacing so much, trying to think up paragraphs and not just words like: WOW!

Once-in-blue-moon! The-next-generation! The cosmetics of the HD! etc. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics is the pro line of HD technology what Max Factor was to the birth of film.


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, called OCC by the many fans, is the brand that is riding on the waves of digital technology, and I am so glad that I can surf this wave. The performance and pureness of color is what differentiates the regular consumer cosmetics to the professional brands which OCC does but it goes one step further by allowing the regular consumer to play in that pro field with innovative products like Lip Tars.

Check out: OCC Loose Colour Concetrate Swatch Descriptions


Lip Tars cost $12.50USD and come in fourteen playful colors, from the primary colors to the everyday nude taupe to the much needed artist colors of black and white. I am one who likes to mix colors so I bought the primary colors plus the black, white, and clear. This gives me the chance to make an infinite amount of colors but I don't think it will stop me from purchasing the other colors!


I also bought two Loose Colour Concentrates ($10USD) to mix them with:

Tesoro - a shimmery gold-specked clean copper penny;

Brasstacks - a shimmery medium to dark neutral brown with gold-specks. I can say these are unbelievable loose pigments, definitely made for the digital generation, the colors are saturated and won't dilute with a camera flash. Sounds scary but they aren't they are oh-so-beautiful and I am finding gorgeous on mature skin!


What I like about these Lip Tars is that they remind me of the tubes of water paints that I played with when I was a kid. I could spend hours just squeezing the different tubes of color and feeling the initial "squirt" of color as they came out onto my plastic mixing palette. The feel of the paint as it was pressed onto the paper by a brush and blended into some sort of Rorschach art didn't turn me into an artist because what I wanted was much more. I wanted to feel the colors on my face!

These Lip Tars are what I have only dreamed about. The pigment is pure and packed. The texture, the oil it sits in is just a vehicle for the pigment to ride in. The color spreads and blends easily, allowing a thin layer with maximum color. As the oil evaporates, what is left is a gorgeous satin finish which creates a zen moment, it becomes one with the skin! There is no weird waxy texture or oily residue, nor is there some cakey layer of color. It is just that comfortable and long wearing layer of color. Think of it as your favorite soft t-shirt that you wear all the time. Yes, the Lip Tars are that comfortable!



(Application techniques will be covered in the next post.) OCC can be found not only in the U.S. but around the world. So, don't lose hope!

OCC, Camera Ready Cosmetics (US), MakeUp & Glow (Australia), Maske Berlin (Germany)



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact