[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Tocca 007 Candle - As close as I will get to James Bond

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I bought this on a whim with other "designer" candles. This version is the candlelina which is the smaller version and costs about $16USD.  My friend saw this, she asked me if it smelled like Daniel Craig. I told her it smells just like Daniel Craig in a tuxedo suit driving an Aston Martin. She ordered this the next day.


It smells nothing like Daniel, at least I don't think he smells like a leather interior of a new car with the scent of a dry martini. At least that is what I think of when I smell this candle. Of course, it is a bit more complex so here goes the unprofessional description from a scent novice.

The topnote (I hope I got this right, excuse my amateur description) or what I first smell is the Vermouth, the dry type that is bitter. If you can't get past the smell of anything bitter, skip this candle completely. Yes, the bitterness in the beginning can be overwhelming especially if you like a soft scent lingering in the air. The middle note is a deep almost musky scent of leather. I honestly couldn't smell this one that well because it blended in with the leather smell of the couch. (Maybe, the sitting room smells like 007?!) The base note is the gin or the juniper berries with just a very slight citrus scent that adds some sweetness to a very masculine smelling candle. The only scent missing is the olive speared by a toothpick.

This candle is definitely a masculine smelling one. The reactions you will get will be mostly from your female friends wondering what the scent is. Males think they are smelling themselves in an ego boosting way. Don't be surprised if they suddenly hum the Bond theme song!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact