[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Advanced Beauty Tools Foaming Brush Cleanser

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I got this free not because ABT contacted me but because I signed up for their emails and they were giving away a bottle to the first certain number of subscribers.  They never contacted me to review this.


The first time I saw Advanced Beauty Tools was on the Home Shopping Network.  The brand sells synthetic brushes which means they are vegan friendly.  They are supposedly weighted nicely for an even and easy application of product.  I really can't say anything about their brushes since I don't have them.  But, for any of you readers out there who are looking for good quality pro synthetic brushes, check out Advanced Beauty Tools which do sell several sets.

This is review is for the brush cleanser which foams up like Mr. Bubble bubble bath when it squirts out of its container.  It is supposed to sanitize and clean the brush by applying the foam straight onto the brush or into a paper towel and wiped; leaving a fresh clean scent at the same time.  This is available in two sizes:  $14USD for 70ml  and $22USD for 250ml.

As you can see by the pictures, I took two face brushes which were pretty dirty and a concealer brush that has been dipped in cream products and an eyeshadow brush.  I used both synthetic and natural hair.  I dirtied these up for this post to see how well the cleanser worked.  I usually don't wait to get them this dirty in real life.

  • 1-My synthetic powder brush and squirrel hair buffer brush.   
  • 2-4-Squirted the cleanser on the paper towel and swiped the brush.   
  • 5-Didn't get it quite clean so I applied more straight onto the brush.  (Looks like ears don't they?)   
  • 6-Wiped the rest away with a clean towel.   
  • 7-9-Squirted some straight onto the buffer brush and swiped it on the paper towel.   
  • 10-My concealer brush and eyeshadow brush.  
  • 11-15-The concealer brush swiped and cleaned.  Eyeshadow brush swiped and cleaned.    
  • 16-The brushes are all dry.


So this is what I think of this cleanser as I used them on my various brushes.  On large brushes like the powder and buffer brushes; if they were really dirty, I would wash them thoroughly by dipping them in a soapy concoction, rinse then set to dry overnight.  If I found them just slightly dirty and didn't feel they didn't need a good washing, then the cleanser works quickly and dries the brushes quickly too.  I was surprised that my synthetic and natural hair brushes were dried in about 30 minutes or maybe less.  (I remembered I had washed them after about 30 minutes had passed.)  On the smaller brushes, I found that the creams like concealer weren't removed thoroughly but it did remove enough to prevent build up.  With the eyeshadow brush it removed pretty much all the eyeshadow. 

Would I use this in place of my regular brush cleaning method?  No.  I still like my brushes to take a good bath and feel refreshed.  But for a quick cleaning in between baths, I do find this cleanser does the job.  The scent isn't bad either, soft but not too overpowering.  Sanitizes, cleans, dries quickly and in a spill-proof container.  Very Nice!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact