[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Squalane: The Multipurpose Serum

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


First of all, do not get this mixed up with squalene, this is squalane with an "a". Squalene is obtained from shark liver oil which also can be used as a moisturizer and in cosmetics. Squalane is the saturated form of squalene and may be obtained from animals but mostly it is obtained from olive oil. Squalane is also more stable and isn't as susceptible to oxidation which makes it ideal as a cosmetic product.


And, ideal for me because I don't spend money on expensive serums. I usually look for something that feels good for my skin which could be different from all of you. I have nothing against people who spend money on skin care. I just like to keep my skin care routine simple, and anything that can simplify it is worth it to me.

Botanic Spa Squalane Serum is right up my skin alley. I bought a 3 pack on Amazon for about $30 or so. This is a multi-purpose and an underrated moisturizer. It can be used on its own or mixed with oil like jojoba, almond, grapeseed, etc. for a simple moisturizer. Or it can be used for mixing cosmetic products like broken eyeshadow. As a moisturizer, I use this on its own and it gives me enough moisture for the daytime. For night time, I will mix this with an oil or cream for more of an intense moisturizing effect which wears well all through the night.

The squalane alone does not feel greasy. It is slightly oily at first but it spreads so nicely on the skin that it doesn't feel like oil nor does it feel dry and slick like silicone. There is no heaviness to this product like glycerin. Glycerin to me feels like it leaves a slight coating or something on the skin, especially the animal version. (This is why I buy vegetable glycerin but that is another posting for later.) Squalane just feels like my own skin's moisture which it is since squalane is a component of human sebum. I use about three drops which is enough to saturate my face and my neck. This can also be used around the eyes. I also use this on my lashes as a lash conditioner; just take one of those disposable mascara wands and apply a drop then brush onto lashes and brows before bedtime. I don't really know if it promotes lash growth but my lashes are less brittle and there is less fallout. Keeping in the moisture is what makes lashes grow right? And yes, you can use this as a makeup primer.


For mixing with cosmetics, I find this to give that luscious moisture without the oiliness. If you press pigments, loose shadows, or have to repress your broken shadow; mix a drop or two into the mix and it will give the shadow more of a moisturizing application. If you have ever owned Rock & Republic eyeshadows and love the texture, one of the main ingredients is squalane.

If you haven't tried squalane, give it a try. It is more luxurious and cheaper than many of the expensive serums out there. I admit, it doesn't have a famous doctor or celebrity as a spokesperson or even a fancy designed bottle to house it in. But, it does provide moisture for all skin types and all genders. Just an underrated, clear, and non-greasy "magic" moisturizing serum. :-)




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact