[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Lauren Hutton Lipstick in Petal

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. *If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!*


Lauren Hutton was one model that I remembered well because of her tooth gap smile.  She wasn't perfect in the sense that she wasn't the molded model, she was more of the real person that rocketed to supermodel status.  Now, she makes wonderful cosmetics marketed for real people and for mature women. 


I have bought several of her products from HSN.com and found them to be excellent quality.  If you haven't tried her products, you are missing out because she combines a naturalness not only in ingredients but in application with color that never looks outdated on anyone of any age.

Here I am starting out with her lipstick.  I bought this in the color Petal which is a soft coral although it has hints of pink, it does lean on the warm side.  The texture isn't like a heavy lipstick type.  In fact, it is more like a tinted lipbalm and more refreshing since it has the soothing sense of peppermint.  The color is glossy and has some slip to it.  If I compare this to Julie Hewett Bijou lipsticks, Lauren's definitely glides across the lips faster and deposits less color on the initial application.  This doesn't mean that it can't be layered for more color, it can go from sheer to medium but will never go fully matte.  It never feels dry or greasy on the lips but it does wear off when eating which I don't mind because I wipe my lips off before I eat anyway.  There is a soft scent of peppermint but nothing that will reek of the sweet candy type.  No perfume type scent and no old-lady type smell, if you are bothered by those.


I think this is a nice color for the Spring and Summer months.  I bought this during the winter months and honestly it did not appeal to me unless I was living in some tropical climate, the color just didn't go with anything at the time, definitely a warm weather color.  Check her stuff out on her website.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact