[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

L A Splash Lip Divinity Lipstick in Juicy Melon

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


Due to my recent purging of my nude lipsticks which left me outdated according to my flamboyant friend, I have been trying to find lipcolors that would make me feel like me. This is pretty hard since I have always been used to wearing nudes.

I know some of you are saying, "who cares what your friend says." Yeah, I shouldn't care but the truth is I do need to move forward and see more color on my lips. I find choosing a lipstick harder than trying to solve a sudoku puzzle while hanging upside down on a tree branch that is about to break. Yes, it is hard because I really don't know what colors I like. I also wasn't willing to spend $30 or more for just a lipstick only to end up hating the color. This is where a trip to Ulta was necessary.

L. A. Splash caught my eye because they have cool eyeliners in a plethora of colors and so did I, therefore, I resisted and looked past the eye stuff and went onto the lipsticks which were slim pickings since the stuff was pillaged due to the sale. I managed to find one that I thought I could wear without looking like an over-aged wanna-be-back-in-my-high-school-years adult. The color I chose was Juicy Melon ($7.99USD) which in the container really doesn't look like anything juicy but upon closer inspection this has some soft-rock chic potential.


The color in the tube looks like the inside of a watermelon; the cool pink coral type-not quite a red. There is a warmth to it that is created by gold micro-glitter which is very fine that you really don't feel it on lips when it is on but you may feel it only during application. The lipstick does have that hardness to it which is almost like a soybean candle which isn't as hard as a beeswax candle. Usually, I am not into food scents when it comes to lip products. However, this one is the exception because it smells like luscious marshmallow cream. Yes, the gooey marshmallow cream that you spoon out of the jar to top of your sundae. If only I had a chocolate smelling lipstick then I would have s'mores.

Anyway, the color is sheer and what I have on my lips is two coats. An opaque finish isn't really possible unless a lip pencil is used as a base. You can see that it is really hard to detect the glitter, there is some warm shimmer but nothing like a glittery disco lips.

If you passed up this line due to all the sparkle and glitter, look closely again because the stuff isn't as wild as you think.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact