Thursday, October 28, 2010

, , , ,   |  

Il Makiage-Studio Creams

il makiage cream blush

Yes, I also got these when BeautyStory had a sale.  I had been curious about these creams because these were a 3-way (eyes, lips, cheeks) usage item and not the usual 2-way cheeks and lips item.  Il Makiage has three colors of this menage-a-trois cream.  I bought two of the colors: Mauve-lavender and Burgundy-self explanatory color. 

I really don't know how these can be used on eyes since they will crease.  They aren't as greasy as the TV Touch concealers which I have reviewed.  The texture of these creams should have been the textures of the concealers because they can be easily applied by patting them on with fingers and spreading with a sponge or brush.  These are similar to lipsticks.  In fact, I consider them to be lipsticks in pan form, nothing more.  Yes, they can be used on the cheeks as blush, so can a lipstick.  They also have that lipstick feel when applied onto the cheeks so be aware of that.

The colors are nothing spectacular.  The burgundy is a deep wine that can be sheered out.  I actually like this one as a lipstain more than blush.  As a blush it is too dark for my skin (NC-20-25).  I guess on dark skin tones this would be a good natural cheek stain with a dewy finish.  The mauve is a color I don't like because it just looks off.  The color doesn't have any pink to make it a nice cheek color, it is just lavender.  I would think this to work as a concealer or neutralizer but its glossiness wouldn't work as one.  The color isn't really flattering to use alone on light skin but maybe on dark skin tones it would act as a highlighter, just don't apply too much or it could probably look ashy.

There you have it, the Studio Creams sound like the all-in-one makeup item but really isn't.  I have to learn that the only reason they can be used on various parts of the face is because of the types of pigments used.  Nothing magical.

I threw away the box so I don't have the ingredients listing.  Sorry. :-(