[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Il Makiage - TV Touch Concealer

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


When BeautyStory had a sale on Il Makiage, I just had to try the stuff because I liked the eyeshadows and blushes.   I bought the TV Touch Concealers because it had been raved by many artists back in the hey day.  Yeah, I know it was back in the 1980's-1990's, but the reformulation and repackaging of the product could bring the product into the 21st century.  Right?


First of all, I ordered this during the summer so two out of the three concealers had melted.  I had to put them into a different container.


The colors I bought were Rose-a soft pink for brown and gray spots; Natural-light pink beige; and Smoke-olive beige.  The two that melted were the Natural and Smoke.

I am not really sure if the heat changed the texture but it feels soft like whip cream.  This reminds me of the Mehron foundations which I wasn't a fan of because of its slippery consistency.  These two have a slippery consistency which I don't like because I apply just a bit and it will have to be spread beyond the area I would want coverage, in turn thins it out and I would have to apply more.  Then I would have to powder and it can look cakey.  It might be me, but I do like my concealer to stop in the area where I apply, and to stay on with coverage.  Unless your skin is as dry as the Sahara desert, I suggest leaving these concealers alone.  The only color that kind of feels decent is the Rose which did not melt.  Maybe, it was the mixture of pigments and oil that kept it solid but it is still a greasy concealer.

Below are pictures of my skin which is somewhere between an NC-20 & NC-25.  You can see how different the colors are.  The Natural I knew would be too light but was willing to use as a highlighter.  The Smoke, I could mix with the Natural to get something close to my skin tone to cover some redness since their is a slight undertone of olive.  The Rose I could have used as a soft natural pink blush or to cover some spots.


I could have and would have used them if I liked the texture.  If you like the whipped and slick feeling for a concealer then try these but I can't guarantee they will stay on during a heatwave or hot flash!  However, during the frigid winter months, they should be easy to work with.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact