[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Splash Mini Nail Polish - Faces Cosmetics Nail Polishes Pt. 3

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


These are the mini polishes which come in an array bold colors retailing for $5 each on the Faces Cosmetics website.  The cute little plump bottles contrast with the art deco long-handled nail enamels in the line which made me look at the polishes with inferiority.  I just thought smaller size meant skimping on quality for some reason but it only means a smaller size packed with the same ease of application and more depth in color.

All these colors are solid and bold in color.  They can be used alone or as a base to layer with the sheer glitter polishes.  I tried some with the glitter polishes and they turn out very nice depending on the number of coats you use.  I used a maximum of 2 glittery coats.  Again, these are all numbered so I give them my own names.

537-Broodingly Red is a rich and creamy garnet.  It isn't a bright red but more of a deep blood red.  I also paired it with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Fireberry Red which is a glittery berry red.  (The arrows point to the fingers.)  I couldn't get the effect of the glitter that well in the picture but you can see the result.


553-Sapphire Blue is a strong shimmery blue. This is the blue I had been looking for, a pure blue that doesn't falter from blue.  Never goes towards a green or a purple just stays the blue and with a depth that makes the nails look like jewels. I topped two of the nails off with China Glaze Kaleidoscope Him Out which is visibly apparent.  At first, I thought it wouldn't look quite right but the more I look at it, the blue base really helps give it more depth and holographic qualities.


593-Pretty in Pink is a candy pink with no shimmer.  This one is definitely a strong pink.  Girly yet bold enough to have that cute punk quality.  Here, the arrows point to the two nails I topped with ORLY Fifty-Four which is a very sheer and soft glitter pink.  Maybe, it is a bit too subtle.


539-Licorice Whip is a very glossy and opaque black.  The color makes for a nice base for many sheer glittery polishes.  I chose Sally Hansen Xtreme Night Lights and got the cool celestial outcome.


All these polishes like the regular full size enamels are smooth when it comes to formula and texture.  I used the usual two coats which is enough for the opaque and non-streaky finish. 

This concludes my series on Faces Cosmetics nail polishes.  I have not been disappointed with any one of them at all.  The colors are true and have depth, what you see in the bottle is usually what you get.  If you ever run into this line, please try the polishes because they deserve as much attention as the other lines out there!

*PR samples.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact