[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Wishful Eyes on Ben Nye

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


If you remember from my first posts, I mentioned Ben Nye stuff as one of the first pro lines introduced to me way back in the heavily shoulder-padded 80's.  The pigmented colors actually accentuated my padded shoulders and not to mention wildly colored burgundy/black/platinum hair.  Everything looked balanced and I felt good!  Obviously, what felt good then, I can't do now because I am not wearing the same clothes (thank god) and my hair, still colored, is in an actual human hair color.  I am tamer and my taste in makeup has become more tame, I think.

Anyway, when a legendary company that strives on making their products with quality and pride in the good old U.S.A comes out with a palettes that reflects the changing market of the cosmetic industry, a small part of my brain starts obsessing about them.

The Essential 12 Color Palette


Yes, I have been eyeballing this one the most.  Is this a pro version of a "naked" palette?  In my opinion, not really; it is more because the palette contains both eyeshadows and blushes in colors that enhance and not detract from a natural complexion.  With as much willpower, I have been avoiding palettes from eyeshadows to lipsticks that label themselves as "naked", "nude", and "beige" for awhile because I buy them and end up disappointed since they only make me look like walking death.  I have seen the most recent popular "naked" palette and have been tempted but I think the devil has pointed me into the direction of Ben Nye's Essential 12 Color Palette.  (BTW, Ben Nye has great makeup to turn any angel into a devil!

Why do I want this one really bad?  Because it tells me it is essential.  Nowhere does it say any of the three other words.  I need essential colors to complete my non-essential self.

New Eye Shadow Palette ESP-912 and Blush Palette ESP-922


If a blush and eyeshadow palette combo is a bit too much or if you would like them separate, the new palettes of eyeshadows (ESP-912) and blushes (ESP-922) are the ones to get.  The colors alone hypnotize me like a kid in a candy store.  The eyeshadows have that wearable creamy look and the blushes look fruity and appealing.  How pretty those would look on human skin! 

Lumière Palettes of Powder and Cream



Let's not forget the metallic and brilliant colors of the Lumière palettes.  The colors are bright and true in saturation.  I remember buying the Fireworks and Fantasy wheel to use as eyeshadow.  I couldn't get over the fact that the silver was as silver Tin Man from the Wizard of Oz and could turn anyone into one.  Now, the Ben Nye line has turned the brilliant colors into creams which can be used anywhere on the face and body, technicolor isn't just a coat anymore its your skin! 

Lash Shadow


These are concentrated colors of cream to be used as eyeliner.  Even though I have used Ben Nye's regular cream colors as eyeliners, these appear to be easier to use and great for a smudged/smoky eye effect.  Comes in three colors: Black, Brown, and Eggplant. 

These are some of the new stuff from Ben Nye.  I keep staring at their pictures and eventually they will invade my dreams, then I know I will have to get them because I hate to have sleepless nights over make up. 

If you are/were lucky enough to go to IMATS, check out Ben Nye.  Just because it doesn't have the publicity of the other luxurious cosmetic brands, don't overlook this line because if you do, you are missing out on great quality of products. 


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact