[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

A Collection of Neutral Eyeshadows

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


Well, maybe a neutralist or just a beige person.  I have a habit of buying nude, beige, taupe, brown colors when I already know I have enough.

I had accumulated more but have it down to the picture above.  How do I make my pick?  Usually on a makeup board when someone says the color doesn't show up or boring, that is what I usually get because it will work with my skin tone. This is what made me purchase NARS Sex Appeal blush.  I sometimes need just a wash of color on my cheeks and this one is perfect.  But did you know it makes the perfect natural base on the eyes?  Yes, it is a great eyeshadow, nothing too bunny-rabbit pink or nothing too warm and peach, just that soft fleshtone peach/pink.  This goes so well with other nude or taupe eyeshadows for that natural or nude eye look. 

What other words get me?  Luminizing, glowy, light diffusing.  Yes, those are like hypnotic words that get my attention.  I really don't know why but that is how I ended up with the blush duo NARS Hungry Heart which are just two glowy colors in a golden ivory and golden sandy pink.  Both contain gold microglitter.  These are perfect for a glow on the cheeks or slight sparkle to the eyes.  And, I had to get NARS Portobello (the picture is a bit off in color).  One side is a darkened ecru and the other is a flat beige.  Both are matte and you could say boring but when you name something after a mushroom, well I like mushroom colors!  (Or Francois could have been thinking of Portobello Road which pretty much reminds me of mushrooms too.)

Top L to R: NARS- Portobello eyeshadow duo, Hungry Heart Blush Duo, Sex Appeal Blush
Bottom L to R: Urban Decay eyeshadows-Shakedown, Heist, Secret Service, Naked

Then about the 600th (okay, I am exaggerating)  Ulta opened around me which was one of the big ones that carried the high end brands.  Everything was so new that I touched the Urban Decay Matte Eyeshadows and had to buy some.  Shakedown which is a smoky taupe, great for a smoky eye without the black or even without the brown tones.  Heist which is actually my favorite, gives off a smoky purple without looking too gray and keeping its purple personality.  This one looks good on yellow to olive skintones, others be aware it can look like a bruise.  Secret Service which is a neutral matte brown.  This is one of the colors that works as the every day crease or contour color for the eyes for light to medium dark skin tones.  And last but not least, Naked which is a light peach brown, well not as peach but it does have the undertones.  Not really a light or bright color but like the name says a naked color.

If you are wondering if I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette, I don't!  You can see I have already enough nudity.

Then, I got the Benefit Creaseless Cream Eyeshadows.  I had these for a while and like them on and off, it really depends on my mood.  I acquired these through a friend who said I needed a cream shadow.  She gave me a couple as a present.  Flatter Me- a medium brown mauve; Birthday Suit-shimmery champagne, Skinny Jeans-not quite gray or silver but has that antique brassy gray personality,  and Busy Signal-a copper brown.  All are excellent as an eyeshadow base and to layer the other nude colors or sparkles on top of.  I personally like looking at them.

Thierry Mugler a line that hasn't caught on due to the recession.  I find the shadows overpriced and just too sheer.   I am probably keeping this one just for the name, Sublime Nature.  Sounds very natural and neutral.

Then there are the Make Up For Ever eyeshadows that I recently reviewed.  Not really the neutral or nude I had in mind but they are different so I kept them.

Benefit: Clockwise starting at top left-Birthday Suit, Busy Signal, Skinny Jeans, and Flatter Me
Thierry Mugler-Sublime Nature
Make Up For Ever:  L to R-164, 163.

And, finally my palette that has a mishmash of various nudes and neutrals from various brands.  Nice to look at aren't they?


I think I need to stop buying beiges, nudes, browns, and taupes for the time being because I have enough but as you know every brand has their variation and one beige or nude is never like the other.  I start to compare and accumulate.  This goes on and on and it could be more of a sickness or maybe I am just collecting.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact