[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Korres Evening Primrose and Sunflower Oil Antioxidant Eye Quad in Natural

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


Lately, I have been spending my dollars at Sephora mostly because I had about a 2 year Sephora hiatus for no reason.  I suddenly found myself reaching VIB status and with a Sephora too close by inside a JCPenneys, I had to spend.  One of the items I bought was the Korres Evening Primrose & Sunflower Oil Antioxidant Eye Quad in natural.  This is valued at $64 but is sold for $35USD for four full sized eyeshadows.

When I saw this in-store, I was a bit hesitant to buy it since they were all shimmery.  I swatched them and noticed that although they are shimmery, the formula makes them mature eye friendly because of the softness of the shimmer.  The colors are clear and saturated but they do have a sheerness to them because it appears that the base where the pigments are set in is translucent.  You don't have the white out or the heavy opacity of the titanium dioxide/zinc oxide.  I would, however, suggest an eyeshadow base for more saturation and staying power of color which I did use in my eye pictures. 

Even though they are four individual cases, they are attached together and cannot be separated.  It feels and resembles a bar of chocolate, only it can't be broken apart.  The colors are coordinated to be used for a complete eye look.



  • Golden-an ivory gold, not a gold that turns yellow or orange

  • Light Pink-a ballet pink, very soft and subtle

  • Brun-a dark brown with just a touch of red which doesn't make the eye look sick

  • Rose Pink which looks more like a burnished rose gold 


All blend well and apply smoothly with ease.  They can be applied alone or layered on top of mattes for a soft glow if you are a bit hesitant about the shimmer.

On my eyes, I used all the colors.  Browbone-light pink; orbital ridge-rose pink and brun; lid-golden.  For eyeliner I used Tarte Amazonian Clay Eyeliner in blackened plum.


For shimmery shadows, I find Korres to be one of the most mature eye friendly.  They aren't frosty, murky, or heavy looking on the eyes.  They are more like luminizing eyeshadows with enough color saturation to define the eyes without them screaming "look-at-me"!  If you are a mature woman or a woman who doesn't like the over emphasized shimmer of some shadows, then this is one line to try.


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact