[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Make Up For Ever Eyeshadows - 163 and 164

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I bought  Make Up For Ever (MUFE) eyeshadows long ago.  Sometime, between then and now, I parted with them because I wanted other stuff.  Well, now I revisit the line and chose two colors which I thought would be nice neutrals: 163 (matte beige brown)-looks more red brown or cocoa brown and 164 (cafe latte)-looks more of a tan with slight pink red undertones.


Color wise I was disappointed.  I didn't expect 163, a beige brown, to look like a red brown and dark.  I thought it would be lighter and more on the warm taupe side.  164 looks fine but when applied the pink slightly reddish undertones appear.  However, as disappointed and almost ready to return these, I decided to play with them more and found my mind was changing.

The colors when used alone do not work to well on my (NC-20-25) olive skin but when I use these with warm neutrals, the pink-red is diminished or neutralized and provides a soft neutral contrast.  You know when you wear a family of warm neutrals, something just doesn't look right because all the colors begin to come together.  Well, the same happens to me in eyeshadow and the different undertone to these break up the warmth.

If you do want to use these as alone neutrals then I would say 163 would be the neutral or natural brown for dark skin tones and 164 would be one for cool toned skin.  Both can also be used as face contour colors.

Texture wise these have become more refined whereas the old shadows were a bit chalky.  These are much smoother and still as pigmented.

The pan sizes are a bit smaller than the average round pan of 36mm.  These are 34mm.  The pans are steel so if you have a magnetized palette, these will stick and no additional magnets are needed.  Removal from the case is easy, just peel back the label and there will be a hole to push a pin through.  And, whenever you want to put it back, the case is magnetized.


I can't really say that MUFE is better than the other pro brands I have tried.  I think price wise it is overpriced.  I could get a Ben Nye eyeshadow for a 1/3rd the price, but then again it isn't French.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact