[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Eye Primers - LORAC, Tarte, and Urban Decay

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


With a new big Ulta opening close to me, you would think I lived there!  I don't, I just happen to end up there since it is at the grocery store I regularly shop at.  Since this Ulta is one of the stores that carry most of the high end brands, I get a chance to look at all the high end eyeshadow primers.  Thanks to this looking, I bought three different ones to see how they work:  LORAC, Tarte, and Urban Decay.

All three are basically just eye primers.  All are transparent and offer creaseless finish for eyeshadows.  I would say none of them can be used as concealers; not enough pigment in them to offer coverage.  Differences in each of these eyeshadow primers are the texture.  (In all the pictures, I applied more than what is needed to make the product more visible.)

LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer ($20USD)


This one comes in a squeeze tube with a slanted tip much like a lipgloss.  It has some light diffusing properties giving it a slight luminizing effect, nothing shimmery or frosty.  I find this one more moisturizing than the other two, so if you have dryness or feel primers leave a dry feeling on the eyes, then this is one to try.  The texture feels slightly thicker than the other two but I didn't find that hindering the efficacy of the product.  What I did find effecting this product is the weather.  I bought this during a somewhat warm Fall weather which allowed the product to feel more creamy.  It spread onto the eye thinly and never felt tight or dry.  It looked and worked great on mature eyelids. 

Then came the cold weather.  The product still works wonderfully leaving eyeshadows creaseless but it also has a tendency to "shrink" or tighten the eye area leaving a more wrinkly effect.  Not exactly what I want during cold weather. 

I still like this one but will use this during warmer weather since it has the glowing touch and naturalness to it.



Tarte Lifted Natural Eye Primer with Firmitol ($20USD)


After loving the Amazonian Clay Cheek Stain, I decided to try the Tarte eye primer.  This one comes in a wand container with a doe foot applicator.  Like the rest of the eye primer/base, a little goes a long way.  This one is probably has the smoothest feel of the other two thanks to the ingredient of nylon-12 which also makes it more matte than the other two.  The nylon helps in smoothing the fine lines and wrinkles on the lid allowing matte shadows to apply smoothly.  If you find some matte eyeshadows especially browns to look muddy due to falling into the fine lines of the lid, this one will make them look refreshingly smooth.  Whether matte or shimmer, the colors glide on without a hitch and never feels dry or tight.  The only disadvantage would be the container, can't see how much is in there.  You just have to feel your way and assume.



Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion ($29USD-pro size; $18USD-regular size)


Ever since Urban Decay came out with the pro size tube, I have been wanting to try this again.  I tried it a few years back and found that after some usage my lids became dry and itchy.  Maybe, it was me or some conflicting reaction with some other product.  I was willing to try it again.

The tube is HUGE and I like it!  So much easier to use and work with than the wand.  However, I don't know if it is just me, but I find the tube a bit constipated; I squeeze the tube with much more strength than I would others.  I was thinking of cutting the tip for a bigger opening but am not sure if that would cause more damage than good.  In the meantime, my thumb and fingers will get a workout. 

This one is transparent.  The color of your skin is what it will be and that makes it great for everyone.  A little goes a long way and sometimes too much is used.  I usually squeeze out a dot on my hand and pat onto the eye area.  If I feel it is too much, I will blot with a sponge to soak the excess and wait about 20 to 30 seconds to dry.


Some might find the eyeshadows will stick to the primer.  I suggest applying a thin layer of no color face powder first then apply eyeshadow.  This way the colors can easily be blended.  The formula is creamier than what I remember in the past.  Maybe, it is the tube container or just the finer mixture of the ingredients.  Either way, this is an industrial strength base that works all year round.

These are three that I have been playing with so far.  All work well and are different.  This means that no two skins are the same and what works for you may not work for your friend.  Also, weather can affect the product, what worked for you in the summer may not be great in the winter.  Or, what works in a dry climate may not work well in a humid climate and vice versa.  What is important is to find the product that works for you.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact