[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Argan Oil and Other Cosmetics by Josie Maran

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I am probably the last person to try Argan oil.  Okay, that is an exaggeration but I didn't jump on the bandwagon right away because of a show I watched a few years back on the History Channel called All About Dung hosted by Monty Halls (not Monty Hall of Let's Make a Deal).  He travels from Oregon to India discovering and uncovering dung.  I am so glad I didn't have smell-o-vision but I did have a can of Lysol close by. 

Anyway, the show was actually quite interesting and informative.  Who knew cow dung could be transformed into soap?  What made the show more interesting was the blurb on food products that went through the animal's digestive system then used as food again for human consumption.  One was the coffee bean ingested by the civet and the other was the nuts ingested by goats which turned out to be argan oil. 

Argan oil was just starting to catch on as a cosmetic item when this show aired but it was used more as a cooking/salad oil.  I just couldn't get over this recycling of food and left the argan oil alone for as long as I could. ( I really shouldn't be grossed out due to the fact that I have used nightingale dung as a facial cleanser which is an entirely different subject altogether!)

Well, the other day Josie Maran had a QVC TSV (Today's Special Value) and I succumbed.  I know the oil is poopless, just nuts gathered and crushed by women in Morocco.  I also know I could have gotten a larger bottle for a cheaper price but I wanted the makeup also.  I bought the kit in Light which is the color Butter for concealer and tinted moisturizer (NC2-0-25).  The kit cost about $70USD with tax and shipping.  Prices listed are for individual products.  The following were in the set:
  • 1.7oz Argan Oil ($48USD)
  • Argan Full Coverage concealer (?)
  • Natural Volume Pink Peony Lip Gloss ($20USD)
  • Argan Color Stick in Pink Peony ($22USD)
  • Argan Tinted Moisturizer w/ SPF 30 ($38USD) 
Argan Oil

This is interesting.  I actually like this oil.  I find no unpleasant scent or any perfume scent.  Just an oil one.  The consistency reminds me of Tea Oil (not Tea Tree), concentrated and slightly thick enough to spread evenly but non-greasy like grapeseed oil.  It feels moisturizing to the skin without an extra layer of greasiness or heaviness.  Pretty nice!



Argan Full Coverage Concealer (pan form)

I was kinda surprised at the size of this.  It is the size large round eyeshadow (36mm).  I expected more but I guess it is good enough to try.  This one is a surprise as a concealer because usually something that touts itself or leans itself towards more of the "natural" cosmetics and claiming itself as full coverage leaves me doubting.  This one acts like a concealer, covers like a concealer, and doesn't feel like a heavy like a full coverage concealer.  It glides on easily without any cakiness which is great for under the eyes and it stays put but never feels dry or tight.  (Please, be aware though that the texture I am comparing it to is from a regular cosmetic lines rather than pro lines which can offer coverage from birthmarks to vitiligo.)  Josie has a winner with this one.  One thing I don't like is the container which sometimes makes it hard to unscrew the lid due to the lack of depth.





Natural Volume Pink Peony Lip Gloss

This is a soft sheer non-shimmery pink that has a caramel/butterscotch scent to it.  The texture is just slightly sticky, enough so that it doesn't run on the lips.  Feels nice and looks natural.  Definitely an everyday lipgloss color.



Argan Color Stick in Pink Peony

This color is a QVC exclusive.  A very feminine almost rosy pink.  It can be used on the cheeks and lips and has a slight scent which I can't put my finger on, smells citrusy yet spicy. 

I like the texture of this one, creamy but not greasy or none of that silicone slippery feel.  It is kind of similar to Tarte's Amazonian Clay but a tad less sticky.  Compared to NARS this has no slippery silicone slide to it yet applies easily.  A simple application with the fingers is all that is needed.  I think I need more colors!



Argan Tinted Moisturizer w/ SPF 30

I think you can call this one a foundation too.  It is thicker or more whipped in texture than the usual tinted moisturizer but easily spreads like a moisturizing lotion.  It provides some visible coverage.  Has a slight scent of sunscreen to it. 

I find the texture moisturizing and not greasy.  It is easy to work with using fingers, brush or sponge.  One suggestion, if you have really dry skin; use a primer to prevent the skin from absorbing the moisture from this and for an easier and smoother application.


These are the products that were in the kit.  I didn't expect to buy it but I am glad I succumbed.  I do like the products and hope to try more in the future.  I think Josie Maran has found a new customer!   



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact