[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Oldest Cosmetic Item - Helena Rubinstein Raisin Lip Pencil

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


My Helena Rubinstein lip pencil is the oldest (vintage) make up item I have.  The circa is early to middle 1980's.  The color is called Raisin and in my mind it has nothing to do with it unless they were thinking of golden ones which still isn't close. 

This one is an orange kinda pumpkin brown color.  The texture is on the hard side like a number 2 pencil.  The pencils back then were not exactly the type to fill in your entire lip with, just used for outlining.  Either way, the hardness of it does drag and pull and applying it on my chapped lips was a feat. (Excuse the dryness of them.)

You are probably wondering why I kept this pencil.  I wondered too since I usually purge more than hoard.  I kept it because I bought it during my first trip to London which lead to shopping at Harrods. I just immersed myself at the beauty department and breathed in the English department store air!  Yes, I coughed but that didn't matter, I was in London and loved it.  And, Helena Rubinstein had a counter.  I had to buy something and the lip pencil was it.  Yeah, not much but I was spending money on other lines too.  I think I bought HR for another reason, when I was a little girl the Helena line actually was sold for awhile as a drugstore line at Walgreens.  I so wanted the little compact with the lipgloss and brush but opted for the huge Bonne Bell lipsmackers instead.  (My mind is beginning to wander down memory lane so, I won't bore you with my Wet n Wild cosmetic memories which sold at 3 for $1!)


In keeping this item, some of you germaphobes might be thinking of the bacteria content and the application onto my lips.  I soaked it in 99% isopropyl alcohol for 20 mins before applying it.  Hopefully, this killed something.  However, if you don't hear from me next week, you will know why!  Whatever happens I still love the memories I have of this little lip pencil.


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact