[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Is NARS Portobello a Magic Mushroom?

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!* *


I bought this during the Sephora F&F sale.  I know what you are thinking, I have enough beige and nude colors.  If you weren't thinking that then it was my voice of reason.  I really didn't need another set of beige colors, but these were NARS and it had been a long time since I had used anything from that line.

These are two beige eyeshadows that some would call boring.  The colors are a flat matte honey beige and maple beige.  Not really a mushroom beige but just pretend they are.  I see these as two "man" beige colors.  I don't see anything feminine in them maybe because they are just matte and flat.  Matte may mean chalky but these do have a creamy and silky feel to them making them easy to apply and smoothly.  The colors work on anyone from porcelain to dark but the usage may be different.  For lighter skin tones they would work as a natural contour while on dark skintones they would be neutral highlighting colors for the eyes.  Going back to its manliness, yes you can use these colors on men as a soft eye contour on the orbital ridge.  The colors are bland and do not stand out in any shape or form.  I guess magic-wise they don't really have that hallucinogenic charm.  They are colors similar to the feeling of watching paint dry.  So, why do I like them?  Sometimes, eyeshadows need that Zen personality so one can appreciate one's true beauty without colors that interfere.  <------That sounded so much like a fortune cookie.


I should conclude this review and say, if you are looking for bland beiges for a natural makeup look.  These are a pair to consider.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact