[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Revlon Eyebrow Products

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


Revlon is a line that I revisit every leap year, I suppose.  Actually, the line had some staple products for me way back in the 80's.  Anyone remember its unbelievable eyeshadow base?  That was a forerunner in its category, the product really worked and eyeshadows lasted all day and well into the night.  I also loved their mascara that was clear but had a black swirl in it.  Those were the days when Revlon really caught my eye and I trusted the product.

I have visited the line a couple of times in between then and now and admit that nothing really made it worth the visit.  But, somehow these products made me stop in my tracks, probably because I have become a pencil addict and a lazy makeup bum.  I saw these Luxurious Color Smoky Crayons and thought nah, I don't need another pencil...do I?

My hand reached out for them before I could rationalize my answer and somehow I ended up with all three colors:  Black Smoke, Steel Smoke, and Bronze Smoke.  The colors are pretty self explanatory and all have just a touch of shimmer but nothing too obvious.  They all come with that plastic pencil sharpener housed at the end of the pencil.

I don't find them that useful but that is just me.  The texture is creamy dry; it will apply on the lid yet it has a dry touch to it so it will stay.  I can't say that it won't crease since it is a pencil but this formula is somewhere between a regular wax pencil and those longlasting ones.  At the start, there is a nice point on the end for drawing a line and as the point disappears, the blunt tip becomes a smudgy pencil.  I use this one with a brush also by swiping the tip with it and smudging onto the eyes which gives more control.  You can leave it as is which gives a soft smoky effect or top it off with a powder.


I can't say these are the best smoky pencils but for a drugstore product they does their job.  I do wish that there were other colors other than the usual and I also wish just a bit more pigment.  Still good enough on a lazy day.

My next product is the Brow Enhancer in brown/black which comes with a "taupe" highlighter; I actually think it is more of a bland icy pink than taupe, doesn't matter I bought it for the brow color.  The brow color is a good color for my black brows.  The formula is slightly waxy but also has the ability to shape or stiffen the brow hairs.  I find I don't have to use a separate clear brow product to shape the hairs.  I actually like this product as much as my MUFE eyebrow corrector.  The color at the other end is the usual brow highlighter which has good staying power and gives that highlighting glow.  Nice but like I said, I bought it for the brow color.


So far, I am happy with my Revlon purchases although I find drugstore makeup reaching the prices of many cosmetic counter brands.  Thank goodness for sales and coupons!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact