[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Smudge Pens

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


Chanel used to have a dual ended pen back in the 80's which were innovative and a nice concept back then but they soon became a gimmick because the shadow just didn't apply well.  The sponge tip applicator became this shiny bowling ball like tip and so did the shadow that was housed in the cap.  I wasted precious dollars back then.

Which brings me to the Sephora sale.  I thought maybe this time it could work with Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Smudge pen.  I wouldn't be wasting my money would I?  I mean they were/are on sale for $8USD plus the 20%off.  I ended up buying two colors: Smoky Topaz which is a dark chocolate brown and Silk a shimmering peach.


When I first opened these I noticed how cheap looking they were.  The plastic was flimsy and it came apart due to my stupidity.  I pulled it apart thinking the cap just came off and clicked on.  The applicator came out instead.  I had to unscrew the cap.  I unscrewed it and wiped the sponge applicator with 99% isopropyl alcohol to just remove some of the coating from the sponge tip applicator.  Upon wiping the applicator, I noticed how soft and squishy it was.  I also noticed that it had a spring mechanism that really didn't help in the flimsiness.

Okay, so the applicator is not a well made and high end sturdy type.  But maybe it could work with the eyeshadow in the cap.  I opened the Smokey Topaz and applied it with the applicator.  It went on like melted chocolate and smeared like it too.  The flimsiness of the sponge and the formula of the eyeshadow just didn't apply smoothly onto the eyelid.  Applying more for an even application didn't help because the applicator would retract and it just made things worse.  I ended up using my own eyeliner brush and that in turn made my brush messy because of the soft creamy formula!  UGH.  I turned to the Silk color which is dryer in texture but still creamy.  This one has shimmer and that is all I see since the color tends to fade.  I think the ingredient of hydrogenated veggie oil doesn't help this shadow at all!


I definitely am not a fan of this due to the formula and the cheapness of the applicator.  Then again if it were made of better quality, I still think I would like my smudge pens to be in normal pencil form, much easier to work with!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact