[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Milani Baked Eyeshadows

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. *If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!*


Alas, my CVS which is always late to the game finally got in their display of Baked Eyeshadows (approximately $7USD).  I saw these first on NouveauCheap's blog and had to get the red!  When I finally saw this in person I was surprised to see it as an actual red and not some toned down red brown because I know many cosmetic companies don't have the guts to put out actual red eyeshadow which is a shame because many ethnicities can actually wear this color.  And, even if you can't, it is always fun to have in a collection.

Okay, enough blathering, I bought two Milani Baked eyeshadowsI Heart You (Metallic Baked)-metallic red which looks warm but actually when buffed shows a sheen of pink with red microglitter and Famous Duo (Marbelized Baked)-a gunmetal gray with an undertone of purple and veins of red with silver microglitter.

The texture of these are on the dry and slightly rough side but wet they do have a creamy touch although not as creamy as some eyeshadows.  The colors are sheer when dry which makes it good if you like to layer on top of other colors.  For example, maybe layer the red on top of black to get that blackened red look.  Wet, they are more opaque but I noticed that they fade and sheer out after a couple of hours.  (I actually used the method of using a makeup remover to seal the shadow.)  The Famous Duo eyeshadow has more glitter which leaves me in a love/hate relationship with it because the texture isn't the silkiest and the glitter just adds to that "dryness".  Also, there is major fallout during application and after when the color dries. 


Do I like these eyeshadows?  If I never looked at any pro stuff or even indie stuff and I was a teen who was bursting to try makeup on a budget and wanted something different, then I would love these in a minute.  But, I am far from a teen and close to rocking (blasting Godsmack music) in a rocking chair and these eyeshadows will be housed in my traincase to admire.  They aren't exactly the texture I like even with a good eye primer.  Sorry, Milani you guys do have my admiration and attention but for these shadows, I am not adding any more.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact