[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

My Brow Pencils and Such

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I first did a little post on Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector a while back.  Well, that tube is almost empty and I thought I would try different brow products from different brands.  I have a hard time finding products for my brows because I guess I am a bit picky. 

I have black brows but a light skintone (NC-20-25 with an olive undertone).  I don't use black to fill in my brows because it looks unnatural and doesn't look good with my skin coloring.  (Black is often used to fill in dark brows on dark skintones.)  I like to use grey but greys are really hard to find and when I do find one it isn't quite right so I always mix with a dark brown which really makes it look more natural.  Using two depths of color is really the best way to color the brows for a natural appearance but due to time constraints, it can be a hassle.

L to R: Tarte, Versace, Anastasia, Revlon, Revlon, Longcils Boncza, NYX, Wet N Wild, Wet n Wild, Wet n Wild, Wet n Wild

As you can see, I have accumulated different colors from taupe to charcoal. Why?  Well, sometimes I bleach my brows so they don't clash with my haircolor (when it is super lightened).  Yes, I have had blonde hair and blonde brows, and no my brows don't turn orange when I bleach them; they go from black to light brown to blonde.  Anyway, this is getting off the subject a bit, back to the brow color.

L to R: Tarte Medium Brown, Versace, Anastasia Brunette, Revlon Blackened Brown w/taupe highlight, Longcils Boncza Brown, NYX Marker Deep, WnW-Charcoal, WnW-Mink, WnW-Dark Brown, WnW-Taupe

You can see the variations of color and texture.

I can say that I am not a fan of the Tarte Eyebrow Mousse ($28USD) because like gel liners, it tends to dry up after awhile and clump. Versace had a great line of cosmetics and the brow pencil was a nice hard type similar to Shu.  Downside it only came in two colors a taupe and brown which really didn't look right on my brows unless of course I bleached them. 

Anastasia Brow Wiz ($20USD) is a dual ended retractable pencil, the point is really small and there is a blending spoolie on the other end.  Nicely capped on both ends and easy to travel with.  I find this is a great one to have BUT the color is a bit too warm of a brown on me and dark at times.

Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer ($10USD) is similar to MUFE Waterproof Corrector but in pencil form.  It has a very slight stickiness like MUFE and keeps the brow hairs in place which is pretty nice.  Only gripe, no point at the end so you draw thick lines and can pill up at times.  It also comes with a highlighter at the other end. The one I use says it is a taupe color but looks peach.  Same problems as brow color on this highlighter and the whole stick falls out.  Longcils Boncza is just a waxy pencil that is very wrong for a brow color-very red brown.

NYX Eyebrow Marker ($9.99USD) is a nice marker but with all markers for brows, they bleed and stain after removal.  Also, there is a chance of goofing up with this one if you don't work fast; it dries quickly and blending is not an option.

Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner ($1USD) are good options because they are cheap and comes in an array of browns and grey (charcoal) to suit many brows.  I bought four different colors since they are so cheap and mixing is always an option at this price.  The charcoal is one I needed for my black colored brows and actually works nicely.  I do add the Mink for just a touch of brown.  If you are wondering what the difference between the Mink and Dark Brown is, Mink has less warmth and a slight almost undetectable olive base (which is great for my olive based skintone) compared to the Dark Brown.  Mink is one hard color to find if you are looking for that particular brown that isn't ashy nor warm.  Dark Brown definitely a warm brown.  Taupe is a light yellow brown good for blondes and strawberry blondes.

You can see the variations in color and I have to say the majority of them are too warm for my brows.  I wish more brands would make colors similar to Wet n Wild Mink or come out with more grey ones.  If I never find the perfect color, then I guess I can always bleach my brows.


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact