[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Release the Crackle

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**

picture courtesy of imdb.com

Yes, you have probably seen the numerous pictures on many other blogs of this crackle nail polish.  It has become an epidemic of sorts and I for one has caught the crackle disease. 

Left to right: China Glaze Dorothy Who?, China Glaze Crushed Candy, ORLY Hook Up, and China Glaze Fault Line;

I first did my nails with China Glaze Dorothy Who?  A nice jelly based deep blue with blue and silver glitter.  In the picture I applied three coats to really give me bling.  I paired that with the China Glaze Crackle Crushed Candy which is a pastel blue that I would not have bought it if it weren't crackle.  The pairing is well, okay I guess.  I really don't know.  Not my favorite really.  I like my nails without the crackle.


The second picture, I realized reminds me of Cadbury chocolates.  I guess subconsciously I was thinking cream eggs and the pairing of yellow and purple came to mind.  The yellow is ORLY Hook Up which alone makes my hands look like I am ill.  I said I didn't have a yellow polish and I know why.  I think this is my first and last yellow.  Ick.  To take away from my banana colored hands, I paired it with China Glaze Fault Line, a deep shimmery purple.  However, the shimmer is hard to detect and it just looks like a glob of purple.  But hey at least it brought out the Cadbury-ness in me.

I honestly have to say that the crackle effect looks better in pictures than seeing them on my own nails.  Seeing the splits and cracks in real life is fun at first but either I get bored easily or these don't thrill me as much as they used to.  Maybe, I am just an old fashioned nail person who enjoys the true color of polish or maybe I need to learn to Konad.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact