Tarte Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum

The weather is getting warmer and my makeup habits get lazier.  I don't like to do things that I know will make my makeup melt off.  It just wastes my time.  So, in preparation, I decided to find a new primer or another primer that didn't feel slick and slimy as the temperature rises to hellfire. 


I decided on Tarte's Smooth Operator Amazonian Clay Illuminating Serum ($32USD).  Now that is a mouthful to say.  I think I bought something similar to this one by Peter Thomas Roth.  Oh well, we all buy things that are similar yet different when it comes to makeup splurges.  Anyway, this one is not marketed as a primer but when I sampled it in store, it left a nice smooth, moisturizing, yet somewhat dry and non-slick finish.  Perfect.


I took pictures of the product without flash and with flash.  Without flash the product looks dark, and when I was in the store it looked like this and made me hesitate on the purchase.  The color looked more like an illuminating bronzer.  The product should (can) be applied thinly to just illuminate the skin and shouldn't look dark and muddy.  With flash you can see the glow and how light it really is.

You can use this product three ways: as a primer, mix with foundation, or on its own.  I prefer to use it as a primer and to top off with some powder (mineral foundation).

So far, after a couple of days this product has worked out well.  The stuff doesn't get oily or slick and smooths out the skin enough to apply powder products easily.  We will see how it works after a couple of weeks, will report back with any changes then!

Ingredients: Aqua, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, benzophenone-3, , cyclopentasiloxane, glycerin, PEG/PPG-18/18 dimethicone, dimethicone, sodium chloride, stearic acid , aluminum hydroxide, triethoxycaprylylsilane, calcium sodium phosphosilicate, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, cetyl peg/ppg-10/1 dimethicone, hexyl laurate, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, camellia sinensis leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract, camellia oleifera leaf extract, panax ginseng root extract, ginkgo biloba leaf extract, anthemis nobilis flower extract, butylene glycol, phytantriol, kaolin, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, tetrahexyldecyl ascorbate, boron nitride, palmitic acid, dextrin palmitate, sodium hyaluronate, sodium dehydroacetate, methicone, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, mica,titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Made in USA




Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blog

Give This Blog a Shout Out

Support this 5 year old independent blog, The Unknown Beauty Blog by giving it proper credit and a link back! Not only will it make me happy, it will make for better blogging/vlogging etiquette. Remember, there are search engines and other people on the internet besides you!

Subscribe by Email


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs