[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Fringe Inspired Nail Polish Thanks to ManGlaze Franken Juggs

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I have to thank ManGlaze for creating these reasonably priced ($1.38) juggs.  You know if you go to a Beverly Hills, they can cost more!  With these wide mouth juggs, Manglaze includes a pair of balls for your excitement!  It is totally fun to mix your own concoction of nail polish with these and not to mention easy.

Lately, I have been inspired by the tv show Fringe and decided to create some colors based on that show.  The three I created are Over There (the parallel universe)-a deep red with round red glitter; Walter Bishop's Trippy Mind-a murky green jelly with sparks of brilliance and intelligence; and Fringe Blue-a flat blue with shimmer.

Fringe Inspired Nail Polish (L to R)-Over There, Walter Bishop's Trippy Mind, and Fringe Blue

Over There is the color of the parallel universe with Walternate and Fauxlivia.  That side has the machine that can destroy this universe with the help of Peter Bishop's DNA.  I hate that side because it is evil evil evil, thus the color red-I guess.  This color took a lot of tweaking because I couldn't get a good red with black.  It took several bottles of different reds and finally I got something that resembled what I envisioned.  The round glitter, if you are wondering is from Lippman Collection Ruby Red Slippers.

Over There

Walter Bishop's Trippy Mind is a murky green jelly base that represents Walter's bruised brain, well actually his ego since he had to spend 17 years in an institution while his partner William Bell built one of the wealthiest corporations-Massive Dynamics.  The murkiness is intertwined with silver glitter which represents Walter's genius side and the holographic sparkles are Walter's clear and brilliant moments of thought.  I am actually very happy with this franken because it does remind me of Walter Bishop.  One of the colors I frankened into this is China Glaze Atlantis.

Walter Bishop's Trippy Mind

Fringe Blue is the color that you see in the show's introduction.  It isn't quite blue, teal, or grey, just that slight mysterious haze of shimmer in a flattened blue base. Some of the colors I used were OPI Blue My Mind and Teal The Cows Come Home.

Fringe Blue

There you have it my Fringe inspired collection of nail polish.  I really had fun making these and with all the polish I have, I really have a desire to franken more.  Now, all I have to do is by more Franken Juggs!

Sidenote:  This weekend due to the holiday weekend, I skipped Follow This Little Blog Friday.  It will resume next week as usual.  I just wanted to give this blog a rest this weekend so I can observe the bunnies laying eggs which I always miss!  Please, have a safe and HAPPY EASTER!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact