[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Bronzers: Urban Decay Baked Bronzer & Lorac TANtalizer

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


Someone mentioned to me I looked pasty and the first thought that came to my mind was a memory of kindergarten and the kid who ate the school glue.  (I was new to America and I couldn't wait to tell my mum that Americans eat glue!)  So, when my friend said I looked like glue, the description didn't compute in my brain right away.  Then I realized that compared to others, I was pale and maybe a bit ghostly.  What ever happened to "pale is alluring"?  This comment made me go on a buying binge of bronzers.  (<--say that 10x's fast!)


I ended up buying two bronzers from Urban Decay and LORAC.  Here is what I think of them.

Urban Decay Baked Bronzers, LORAC TANtalizers

 Urban Decay Baked Bronzer Gilded ($26USD)

This one is the shimmery one with some minute gold sparkles.  At first, I thought the sparkles were too much but they aren't.  The shimmer is a soft glow and the color is a soft golden warm golden tan.  This one can be used wet or dry and can be used as eyeshadow and lipcolor.  On my pasty face (NC-20, NC-25), it gives it a soft warm glow and definition.
Urban Decay Baked Bronzer Toasted ($26USD)

This one is the matte baked bronzer.  I find this one more to my liking, no sparkles and no shimmer but it isn't a flat matte color either.  It has that satin neutral maple color that blends into my skin.  I can use this as a contour for the cheeks also.  As with the Gilded, this can be used wet or dry and on the eyes and lips.

Urban Decay Baked Bronzer and LORAC TANtalizer swatches


LORAC TANtalizer baked bronzer ($32USD)

I bought this in the mini version ($6USD) since I wasn't ready to commit to a large size.  And, I am glad I did.  This one is too shimmery and orange for my taste.  I know it isn't meant to be orange but it just looks that way on top of my pasty olive skin.  The excessive golden shimmer doesn't help either, making my skin look way to warm than it really is.  I would rather stay pasty and ghostly than Oompa Loompa gilded.

LORAC TANtalizer Body Bronzer Illuminator ($32USD)

I bought the mini version ($10) of this one also.  I forgot how much it cost but I am glad I didn't go for the full price.  First, the scent which is this vanilla which I like if it were ice cream; I don't want to smell like a bowl of vanilla.  Second, the color which actually better than the baked bronzer.  This one is more golden and less orange with lots of shimmer.  Still it didn't go well with my skintone, I just felt like the Tin Man that went to Boca Raton to get a tan, not a look I am going for.  The texture of this product is a thin lotion which dried quickly and felt a bit dry on the skin.  Maybe, it is just me but I don't fancy shimmer creams as much as shimmer powders on my body.  I ended up using this as a light styling cream for my hair instead giving my hair soft glowing gold shimmer, much better!

There you have it, my thoughts of my bronzer binge which I think happened more out of spite than need.  I actually like my moontan but I can see how a bit of bronzer can help, not for changing one's complexion but to make summer makeup more simple.  I guess I will follow some of my own philosophy and wear bronzer like in the ITP tutorials so I can have a simple routine for the summer.




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact