[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

In Search of the Holy Grail for My Brows

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**

THE HOLY GRAIL!!

Like Percival in Excalibur, I to went searching for the Holy Grail.  In this case it was for my eyebrows.  I know, I had the product in the first place but it is only when you look or feel like sh!t that you realize how important the item can be.  My quest took me to many of places like the drugstore, beauty supply, and internet but I realized that buying around the actual product made me spend more than the Grail.  Here is what I accumulated.

Brow pencil rejects


Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer ($8.99USD)

I posted a short blurp here.  I can't believe I said I liked it as much as MUFE.  Well, I did at the time but soon the love wore off.  Why? The crayon began to skip and bunch up.  It dried up slightly leaving a less than pretty application of brow color.  Boo hiss! Not a product I would buy again.  As you can see it nearly cost cha-ching $9 (rounded).

Wet n Wild Color Icon Brow & Eyeliner 99¢

These are nice pencils for the price but as the weather got warmer, the wax in these pencils didn't hold the pigments well enough for the color to last.  Not only that I couldn't control the pressure to apply a light stroke of color.  I may be heavy handed but these pencils are a bit on the soft side which makes it hard to control.  Here, I bought two pencils to go with my brows, cha ching-$2 (rounded).

Anastasia Brow Fix $19USD

This one is a slightly hard and thin pencil that is retractable.  On the end there is a brow brush to blend what has been drawn.  I bought this in brunette which is the darkest color.  It's okay but it isn't the greatest match for my brows, a bit too warm which really clashed with not only the brows but made my olive skin look gangrene.  Okay, not quite like that but I somehow felt that way when I used this.  Cha-ching $19.

NYX Eyebrow Marker $9.75

This is one of those markers that apply color similar to what a felt tip pen would but just slightly more sheer since this is for the brows.  I liked this one at first because it was quick.  But maybe too quick, the color dries quickly after drawing the brows.  I had to use remover to correct the mistakes and that just irritated me.  I like a product where I have time to work with before it sets. Cha-ching $10 (rounded)

And this brings me to the product that I had but let go because I thought there was something better.  After spending nearly $40 and buying AROUND what is now I consider my Holy Grail, I am not going to stray.  It's the Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector which I reviewed here.  I, like Percival, was so close to the grail but never answered the questions correctly.  Maybe, I was insecure or maybe I was a bit arrogant to believe that there could be a better item for me.  Either way, I think I finally answered the questions that were asked of me during a flu-induced sleep:  Who wants nice brows? And what is the secret of good brows?  The answers:  I want good brows and Make Up For Ever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector and I are one.


Well, there you have it and out of the sky appeared the Holy Grail.  No, not really.  I ordered from Sephora the darkest color they had which is a black brown and it works out better than my previous color No. 3.  Yes, I have returned to my castle with gorgeous eyebrows and back to the nights of the round make up table!


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact