[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

A Small High Voltage Haul and a Mother's Day Eye Look

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


It is Mother's Day here in the U.S. and I thought it would be nice to feature my mum who likes to wear eyeshadows from unusual brands.  (Hmmm maybe that is why I like to try the obscure.)  This time it is High Voltage Cosmetics.

After my first initial haul I had to buy more High Voltage,  I ended doing a small one because I wanted to try the Amplified Eyeshadow Base and Back In Black Cream Shadow (both $5.50USD).  With perfect timing, Jasmine put out the Norse Mythology collection.  I was willing to buy a few nd abstain myself from buying the entire collection.

Amplified Eyeshadow Base And Back In Black Cream Shadow

I bought 2 of the 3 eyeshadow bases: Pearl-pearly white and Skintone-matte beige.  Both are waxed based and may not be suitable for oily lids.  I have been using these and set them with just a touch of "no color" powder and find they do not crease.  I find these bases good for people who feel sensitivity or discomfort when it comes to silicone based ones.  My mother is especially fond of these because she says they feel comfortable on her eyes without feeling dry or tight.  The Back in Black Cream shadow is really a smoky base for dark colors and duochromes, texture is basically the same.  All of these creams may be used as bases but can also be used as eyeliners and waterliners.  Lasting power varies so play around with them.

In the examples below I have included Andlang on top of the Pearl, Perfect 10 on top of the Skintone, and Valhalla on top of Back in Black.  You can see the intensity of the colors.


High Voltage Amplified Eyeshadow Base and Back In Black Cream Shadow


Loose Shadows-Norse Mythology and Perfect 10

I hate to say this but my education on Norse Mythology stops at Led Zeppelin.  But my love for color never stops and that is why I bought these three eyeshadows: Thorr-deep shimmery blue-grey with sea green glimmer (hard to see in pic), Andlang-shimmery coral with a touch of blue shimmer which also works great as a lipcolor, and Valhalla (yes, I know the Led Zeppelin song)-gorgeous black with glints of coppery gold.  I also ordered a neutral since I can't get enough of them, Perfect 10 which is the perfect satin khaki-not too gold, not too taupe, not too brown just like a good pair of khaki pants.

High Voltage Shadows


Here is the EOTD with High Voltage shadows.  What was used:  Amplified Eyeshadow Base in Pearl, light mauve-pink eyeshadow (from another brand) on the browbone, Perfect 10 (one of the ultimate neutrals of High Voltage) from lashline to crease and used Valhalla as an eyeliner.  Simple, neutral and wearable.

EOTD by my mum using High Voltage



Go check out the stuff at High Voltage Cosmetics.  And HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!  Luv ya mum!!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact