[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

LA Splash - Enlightened Creamy Shadow Base

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


LA Splash has expanded their line with pressed shadows, liquid shadows and now these cream shadow bases.  I have a weakness for cream eyeshadows even when I know they will crease and disappear. 

This one is no exception especially during the summer months, the sweat and oils will just crease these creams into oblivion.  Why did I buy them? They looked pretty at the store and maybe I can hold onto them until the winter where the coolness could prevent creasing.  There are five colors each retail for $6.99USD.  I only bought three out of the five since I don't need the smoky black one nor the glittery clear one.  Actually, I don't need these but when I see creamy nude colors, I think they will be useful for anything.

First, the texture is on the drier side, they aren't greasy like some cream based shadows or products.  This could work as an eyeshadow base on drier lids.  Don't expect a massive shimmery look with these or the product will crease.  Apply a thin coating then use a powder eyeshadow to enhance its shimmer.  If you don't like it as an eyeshadow base, you can use these as cheek highlighters which I think is a better use for these.

Nude is a shimmery bronze; Highlight is a shimmery pink beige: Illuminating is a shimmery sand beige.  All have that glimmer and shimmer that makes the skin glow where applied.  Lasting power depends on how well you powder this down or how little you sweat.  Don't expect what you see in the morning to be there at night when it is like an oven outside.  Do, instead, expect little dots of shimmer to be all over your face when the day is done.


Pretty little pots of shimmer that have enlightened a few hours of my day but never the entire day.  I think I would be better off just spending my money on yoga classes or a book by Deepak Chopra.  Or better yet maybe I should buy this book instead:

pic courtesy of Amazon




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!

Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact