[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**

I am definitely late to the game with these Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams ($22USD), actually I could be late on many things because I try to ignore the hype.  When these first came out, I looked at them and just passed on them because I really had no use for them.  Do I have a use for them now? Probably not but having a JCPenny's close by that carries this stuff really doesn't help!

I started out with two neutrals the ever-popular #15 and #16.  I really don't find #15 to be a taupe but more of a metallic silver-brown.  #16 is a frosty light pink.  I like to use #15 as an eyeshadow or eyeliner.  #16 also is good as an eyeshadow but a bit to frosty for my taste.  I sometimes use it as a cheekbone highlighter.


Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams #16 and #15

I also bought three other colors that are labeled to be used on cheeks and lips but if I step into another country or cross the border into Canada or Mexico, I can use these on my eyes.  In other words, proceed with caution if you are going to use these on the eyes.


Make Up For Ever Aqua Creams #6, #8, and #5

#6 is a candy pink with gold.  #8 is a red that looks warm because of gold spun into it (hard to see in the picture) and is very saturated in color.  #5 is a soft peach with gold.

I use all of these three as cheek colors and lip colors.  On the eyes I find #5 to be very nice with that touch of gold which doesn't make the peach too bright on the eyes.  #8 I sometimes will use as eyeliner and #6 I stay away from because I fear I will feel like a bunny rabbit about to be used for cosmetic testing.

Okay, so here are some true facts about these products.  They are housed in a screw top container but it is a plastic one and not a glass one.  I am assuming that since it is called a cream it won't dry out or dry out as much as a gel therefore no glass container.  I really find these to be similar to the pencils MUFE carries.  The formula is not the same as liquid/cream shadows of other products.  Being similar to the  formula of the waterproof pencils, they have a consistency that will stick onto the skin while giving the product time to spread evenly.  I say skin here because if layered upon foundation or eye base, the stuff tends to skip.  And, for you mature women, if done this way, the wrinkly crinkly skin shows up more.  I find these better on bare skin which might leave you wondering how do you use this as eyeshadow?

Just apply an opaque layer on the lid (where I usually where mine) and it will act as a base for the eyeshadow color there.  You can always use foundation on your browbone area and just down to your crease. 

As blush, this is hard to use if it isn't on bare skin also.  On bare skin it spreads easily (on me) or with the help of primer it will spread even easier.  On foundation, this stuff dries instantly and you really have no chance of blending unless you are going for an opaque doll-cheek look.

For the lips these can feel dry but are extremely budgeproof.  I like to use the red as a base for my other red lipsticks to allow staying power.  If you do use these on the lips, I suggest lip balm before application.

The bottom line is that if you are used to the other type of cream eyeshadows that are housed in a tight lid glass jar and spread easily and expect the same from these, take some time out to experiment and practice with these.  These are not the same texture or formula.  How they apply onto the skin may not be to your liking at all.  If you don't mind the texture or formula then these are pretty much a good bunch of waterproof cosmetics that come in handy for whatever you choose them for. 



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact