Sula Cosmetics-Creme Shadows and Lip/Cheek Stick

I was intrigued by the new display of Sula Cosmetics at my Ulta recently and decided to try some products.  The stuff I bought were all $8USD each which is a stiff price for a drugstore line, but I had a discount of 20% handy.  I am guessing that the line is known for its Paint & Peel nail polish which I did not buy because I never liked that type of polish.  I opted for the lip and cheek tint and creme eyeshadows.

Sula Creme Shadows and Lip & Cheek Tine

Sula lip & cheek tint and creme shadows
Okay, like a chicken who was about to get its head cut off the first time but lucky enough to escape only to return to the same place to get it chopped off the second time, I bought cream eyeshadows again.  I don't learn much do I?  However, looking at the list of ingredients:

Cera alba (Beeswax), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis ( Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Silica, Tocopherol (Vit. E). (+/-) Mica (CI 77019), TiO2 (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Tin Oxide (CI 77861), Carmine (CI 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride, Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289)


These were not the type of cream eyeshadows that would dry up since there was no silicone oil and such in them, just a bunch of moisturizing oils which made me question the longevity.  Anyway, the two I bought were Sparks Fly-a soft shimmery blue and Why Not-a shimmery golden green.  Getting back to the ingredients, I find these similar to Julie Hewett's Hue Colours but not as thick, making them less pigmented but the sheerness and the softness of shimmer really makes them easier to work with than most cream shadow/liners.  These also aren't greasy/creamy like other "cream" shadows, so the tendency to last really varies on the technique.  Here, on my eye are wore it over an eyebase that had been set with powder.  Worked out quite well with Sparks Fly.  Not bad, right?

Sula Creme shadow in Sparks Fly
The lip and cheek tint in It's Not Me, It's You is a rosy pink.  (I love this name!!!)  The stick has a slight lemon-citrus scent/flavor to it but nothing cloying.  The texture is somewhere in between a cream blush stick and a stain, not quite opaque but not a sheer gel either.  Goes on smoothly without any of that slippery silicone feel.  The size of the stick is the same as the travel sized ones available which isn't much but for $8 I think not bad.

There were other products in the line like soft pretty eyeshadows and powder blushes which have stained my brain, eventually will have to try those out too.  Pencils and lip glosses were available too.  This isn't a bad line at all for a drugstore brand.  In fact, I find the line very refreshing both in color and packaging.  Go try it if you see Sula at your store!




Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs

Who Am I?

I am Olivia, writer of two beauty blogs with a cult following The Unknown Beauty Blog and Into the Palette. I am a B-List Beauty Blogger with a strong addiction to television!

View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs