[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

elf Eyeliner and Shadow Sticks

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


I think clean displays and bright lighting in a cosmetic aisle of a big chain like Tarjay, can make you want to buy at least one cosmetic item before leaving.  I know I did and I chose ELF hoping it wouldn't be disappointing like the Beauty Encyclopedia.  Out of all the stuff they had like blushes, powders, and bronzers; I chose the dual-ended Eyeliner and Shadow Stick ($3USD) in Brown/Basic and Plum/Purple.

Brown/Basic is a duo of warm medium brown shadow and a copper brown eyeliner.

ELF Eyeliner & Shadow Stick in Brown/Basic

Plum/Purple is a duo of a mauve grey shadow and plum purple liner.

ELF Eyeliner & Shadow Stick

Now, I have to think up reasons as to why these are considered great products because I am not a fan of these at all.  First, why people may like these.  The price for one is good.  At $3 a pop anybody on a budget would want to try these.  A teen or a young woman with a limited budget would love these because the product would glide across their smooth lids.  The cheap price also allows for some experimentation with other colors that might be a bit of a big bite in the wallet if it were at a high end price.

Why am I not a fan?  For one, I am just an old hag probably trying to relive my teen years by buying what other teens are buying my skin is not the smooth baby bottom skin it used to be back in the "high and permed hair" 80's.  This pencil is more waxy smooth and less pigment so as it applies onto the lid, the color will skip on me.  Since, it is more waxy smooth, it will crease and has to be set with an eyeshadow which is a norm for many pencils but in this one, I would prefer it to be more pigmented.  Talking about pigment, as one gets older, the skintone is not that peaches and cream type, the melanin is stronger therefore pigment on these are lacking and as the day wears on, it fades to clear.

Okay, so at $3 a pop it doesn't break the bank but I am disappointed that it didn't turn out to be a great drugstore item.  This is my second foray into ELF and so far I am not really sure if I should go for a third because with what I have seen, I don't think the line will work for a very sophisticated and mature woman!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact