[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Makeup Samples - How Important are they?

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog. If you see this post elsewhere, it has been stolen!**


We all like to get those little sample bag of products and such even when they are free or a GWP (gift with purchase) but how useful are they?  I admit that I don't use many and save them for a rainy day which is pretty much once in a blue moon.  I have skincare, haircare, makeup, etc., samples and some I don't even open since I know I won't like them.  Bad I know, never judge a book by its cover but I know what I pretty much like especially when it comes to skincare; those are the ones that I have the most of.  (I ended the sentence with a preposition didn't I? Not good but I don't care!)

Make up samples are always nice, I like playing with color.  However, the manufacturer of the sample is different from the usual full size and that is when things can be different.  I, often, if possible will check out the full size in person to make sure the texture is the same or even better.  When it comes to those indie lines, I usually end up buying full sizes of the eyeshadows or blushes because I find I will like them anyway and hoard them.

When it comes to foundation, that is where the samples come in handy.  I think getting samples of foundation is one of the best ways to become acquainted with the texture and color.  This does not only pertain to the indie mineral companies but the big lines.   I know you can get matched at a counter which is a way to draw in customers for the big name brands.  And, the service really depends on how well that sales assistant will match and/or listen to your needs and skintone and type.  What gets hard is when you CAN'T get a sample and have to be committed to the full size.  What happens if it doesn't match?  What happens if the texture wasn't to your liking?  What happens if you are allergic to it?  There are some lines where I have begged for a sample size and I don't mean I wanted to get it free, I was willing to pay for the little blurp of color just to make sure it would match.  But some refuse to do that and it makes me hesitant to try them at all.

Sure, I can say I am a light skin tone person of Asian descent and they will probably match me with some warm tone foundation.  Easy.  Yes, very and most of the time it doesn't work for me because thanks to my paternal side, I have inherited a bizarre skintone that lies between two colors.  If someone at my level skintone (NC20-25) says a foundation matches them perfectly, I know that foundation won't match me.  Either it will be way too yellow to the point I look like I need to get a better functioning liver or kidney or it will be too peach where I look as though I swallowed a ghost chili. I have had some luck in some foundation colors, luckily I found a match in a mineral version which cuts down my makeup time.  Others, colors I can tweak but the formula just didn't sit right.  Oh, the woes.

Anyway, like I was saying samples can be fun and useful and sometimes they do have to be paid for to get that perfect match.  I don't mind as long as I can feel and use the product, even when it means just half a face.  Don't expect samples to last you a month and if they do, they are very generous ones.  Samples are there to get a taste.  I hope more companies will be willing to do samples because with the vast internet and the population of ever changing faces and cultures, samples can bring in more business and trust.

How important are samples to you?



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact