Soap Hope is Like a Fortune Cookie

Soap Hope Ugly Box
When I received my ugly box from Soap Hope, the first thing that popped into my mind is a quote: "Like the fortune cookie that is often stale and leaves a bad taste in your mouth, it is the message inside that counts."  Yes, the box is just plain ugly but what is important is what is inside and what this company does.

Soap Hope is a site that sells premium natural products from various lines like Indigo Wild and Pangea Organics, selling them at discounted prices.  The customer receives these products in an "ugly" shipping box.  (We all recycle those shipping boxes anyway and this saves money for us and them.)  Another reason for the ugly box is the image of the shipping package isn't as important as what the customer's money will do.  Soap Hope is founded on the Good Returns business model.



Every dollar of profit earned by a Good Returns company goes first to a nonprofit institution that uses it to empower women.  After those profits have spent a year in service, the money is returned to Soap Hope.  It's like the Peace Corps for money: we volunteer every dollar for a year of service.


When you are buying something, you know that your money will actually be well spent on helping others!

Back to my fortune cookie, I mean my ugly box.  This box was stuffed with samples from various brands that Soap Hope carries.  I usually don't use many samples because I really have no use for them.  In this case, by the time you read this post, I have used them all.  These are products that I love to use because they feel good on the skin, including the dishwasher liquid!  Here is a brief description of what I received.

Soap Hope samples
Biokleen  Dishwash Liquid ($5.99USD)-This is my first time with this product and it does a darn good job in washing dishes while keeping your hands moist.  No weird residue on the dishes or hands.  I intend to get a full size because I will probably be washing my makeup brushes with this.

Indigo Wild Zum Body Rosemary-Mint Body Cream($13.99USD)-Wonderful non-greasy yet moisturizing lotion.  This is a line that has one of the most greatest smelling candles, soaps, lotions, etc.

Indigo Wild Liquid Soap ($11.49USD)-Gentle, effective and non-irritating for hands and body.  Non-drying also.

Acure Day Cream($17.49USD)-Nice non-greasy cream that effortlessly moisturizes.

Pangea Organics Balancing Oil (39.99USD)-an oil that provides moisture.  Initially may feel oily but dries to a moisturized finish.

A Wild Soap Bar ($5.10USD)-Gentle, non-drying sea scrub soap.

Indigo Wild Soap bars
Indigo Wild Zum Bar in Patchouli ($3.99USD)-One word: heavenly.  Okay more words-lathers nicely, moisturizing, no dry or tight feel. 

Mahya Cosmetics-Instanbul blush($12.99USD) and Sandy Beige mineral foundation ($23.99USD).  Can I say these samples surprised me the most.  Why?  I was surprised at how finely milled the powder was for these items.  Easy to apply with just a soft buff of the brush, making it settle nicely on the skin.  I suspect I will be trying more colors from this line!  No bismuth in any of the products.

Mahya Cosmetic samples
Not a bad sample in the box.  If you are interested in some stuff just hop onto their site which is currently running several specials.  Remember, the holidays are coming up.  Don't know what to give?  Get your friends, family, colleagues something from Soap Hope and know that you are also helping someone in need.

The only downside to this site is that they only ship to the 50 states.  This means no shipping for my international readers. :-(

Disclosure:  The following were PR samples.

And, if you are wondering where the fortune cookie quote is from, scroll down.





If you guessed The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. starring Bruce Campbell, give yourself a pat on the back.  Specifically, it came from "The Fountain of Youth Episode".  FOX cancelled this great show combining a western with sci-fi only after one season.  I was highly disappointed in this but then again, it was the show that followed that legitimized FOX as a competing network-The X-Files.

Lee Pow: Like the fortune cookie that is often stale and leaves a bad taste in your mouth, it is the message inside that counts.

Here is a clip of the quote.  It appears about 8 minutes into the segment. :-)







Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blog

Give This Blog a Shout Out

Support this 5 year old independent blog, The Unknown Beauty Blog by giving it proper credit and a link back! Not only will it make me happy, it will make for better blogging/vlogging etiquette. Remember, there are search engines and other people on the internet besides you!

Subscribe by Email


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs