[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Vintage Powder Compacts

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I bought these two compacts at Covent Garden Antique Market, during my naive days in London.

This compact is made out of metal and the weight is pretty hefty.  If you used it as a weapon, you would be charged with assault with deadly weapon.  It didn't come with the mirror on the front, I added that later.  The lipstick also isn't the original but I guess it is considered vintage because it is from the late 70's or maybe earlier.

One side houses a place for your cigarettes and the other is the powder compact.




As you can see it is a Coty lipstick.  This lipstick was used to refill a compact the line had which housed a pressed powder and lipstick like these fancy ones.  I remember having one in my purse in middle school and feeling really special because it was really my first grown up cosmetic item.  It also was a product that gave me my early tween pimples.  Ugh!



This is my favorite because it really epitomizes the femininity and charm of "powdering your nose".  Doubling as a small evening bag, it will only hold the necessities of that time period (1950's?) like spare change.  The design on the front looks like Damasquinado but I am not sure if it truly is.  Still, it just has that feeling of a woman out on the perfect date of dinner and dancing.



The lipstick casing is the original one but the bullet was taken from another lipstick.  Notice it is one of those sliding type of containers.

Both of these compacts are so well made.  The craftsmanship alone is worth admiring.  I mostly wonder about the women who owned these.  Walking arm in arm with the man of their dreams.  A time when a man was a gentleman and a woman had her charm.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact