Liquid Highlighters-Le Blanc de Chanel and MAC Strobe Cream

Highlighters, luminizers, brighteners, call them what you like.  They all serve to brighten the complexion.  I, being the firm believer in brightening a dull skintone during the dark winter months decided to buy two popular liquid highlighters.  One being a prestigious one and another being the popular "artist" brand.





Le Blanc de Chanel ($45USD)-This one is a like a primer/diffuser/brightener all in one.  It can be mixed with foundation to create a glowing version or used alone in certain spots.  The texture is closer to a foundation than a moisturizer.  The pigment is more bright.  There can be a stark contrast if it is used too much on medium to dark skintones but on porcelain to light this one provides a great glow.


MAC Strobe Cream ($15USD)-Definitely an affordable product and easy to work with.  This one I recommend for normal to dry skin.  It isn't greasy but more moisturizing than the Chanel since it is more like a skin cream than foundation.  If you have oily skin, go with the lotion version.  Like the Chanel it can be mixed with foundation or used on its own.  The color has a slight pink tinge to it and some bits of gold which is hard to see in the picture.  The contrast or glow blends into the skin a bit easier than the Chanel version.


I find myself using the Chanel at the moment since my skin is pale.  The glow is more prominent for the winter months making me look ethereal and healthy.  Okay, I might have exaggerated the ethereal part but you know what I mean.  I find MAC a bit warm for now and will probably use that one during the warm months for that touch of diffusion without looking ghastly white.  Both are good products, it is just a matter of your preference or which you find easier to work with.  If you want to know where to apply these products, just go to the tutorial Brightening Up the Complexion.



Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs