Tuesday, November 1, 2011

, , , , , , ,   |  

More Maybelline Lipsticks-Citrus Slice, Fruit Punch, Beige Bombshell

After I bought my Maybelline Pink Lollipop lipstick, I figured why not buy more.  I was thinking of buying them all but someone had tested the raspberry color.  And with my previous purchase of a nude lipstick, well that is starting my foray into the nude lips AGAIN!

Maybelline Lipsticks

Maybelline Citrus Slice
Maybelline Citrus Slice and Maybelline Fruit Punch ($7USD)-both of these resemble jello or a gummi bear type of clearness.  They don't deposit much color but stain them slightly.  Differentiating amongst the colors is kinda hard since all tend to stain fuchsia but that degree of darkness varies.  Citrus Slice although is like a cool peach color really looks like a light pink stain on the lips.  Fruit Punch gives the darkest stain which is close to a cherry/burgundy color.  Nothing deep and dramatic, just a soft stain for the semi-naked lip look.  Which takes me to the next lip color...

Maybelline Fruit Punch
Yes, I bought a nude color lipstick, Beige Bombshell ($9USD).  I figured after getting rid of all the nude lipcolors I had in the apocalypse nude purge, I would ease my way into them with a drugstore line then probably move on to high end! ;-)

Maybelline Beige Bombshell
The color is really more toffee caramel with a slight tinge that leans towards peach.  It isn't for everyone because it will make some complexions looked washed out but then again if you want to look like this:

Picture taken from here
Then, it is perfectly fine to buy this one.  I find the nude lipsticks of this generation are far more lip friendly than the ones of the past.  The texture is a bit more sheer and glossy, unlike the concealer-matte finishes of the double-not years.  If you would like to jump into the nude lip look then go for a drugstore line and better yet, wait for a good sale because the prices are really beginning to resemble one similar to a cosmetic counter.


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs