My Two Fave Lip Balms High End to Low End-Chanel and Vaseline

If you have noticed from my posts or from pictures, I went on a Chanel binge.  I really didn't expect to buy that much let alone a lip balm priced at $45USD.  Chanel Hydramax + Active Lip Care is considered a lip moisturizing treatment.  It does feel more like a skincare product than a lipbalm.  The texture is hard in the jar but melts enough from the finger contact and body heat applying a thin layer onto the lips that coats and protects with no color.  Moisturizing and non-greasy, this balm can be used around the eyes for that extra burst of moisture and easier application of makeup.



This isn't the first time I have tried a prestige lipbalm.  I have tried La Mer ($45USD) long ago and liked it but couldn't justify buying it again at that price.  How do I justify this one?  For every year I didn't buy a high end lipbalm I have saved up to buy this one.  My La Mer purchase was way back in 2005 or so.  I did finish that product and loved that slight chocolate mint scent.  By the way, this lipbalm has no food scent, just a slight skincare one which disappears after a few minutes.


For my low end lip balm thanks to Kelly, I like this Vaseline Lip Therapy.  It is a simple moisturizing lip balm that has a slight to no tint.  The texture unlike Chanel is on the greasy side but sometimes that is what makes my lips feel like they are being moisturized. 

Chanel is my night time moisturizing treatment, keeping moisture trapped on my lips during my dreaming hours.  Of course it can be used during the day with no problem and under lipstick.  It won't make lip products bleed.  For daytime, the Vaseline is my saviour.  Cheap and worthy, it does its job without any hype.  Both are definitely worth having!

Vaseline Lip Therapy Ingredients:  Petrolatum, Rose Oil, Prunus amygdalus dulcis oil, linalool, ci73360, ci77891.


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blog

Give This Blog a Shout Out

Support this 5 year old independent blog, The Unknown Beauty Blog by giving it proper credit and a link back! Not only will it make me happy, it will make for better blogging/vlogging etiquette. Remember, there are search engines and other people on the internet besides you!

Subscribe by Email


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs