[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

YSL Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils - Yves Saint Laurent Long Wearing Cream Liners

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I have been ignoring gel eyeliners for a couple of reasons lately.  One because they dry up easily.  Two because they dry up easily, they tend to clump up on the brush.  Three the application becomes less than smooth.  And four, they begin to flake after a couple of hours of wear.

Then all those reasons flew out the window when I saw the YSL Eyeliner Effet Faux Cils ($25USD) at the cosmetic counter.  When I saw these colors, my eyes practically burst out of my head.  Really!  The colors were the most vivid I had seen out of any line, but how was the texture?  Luckily, I got to test them out with a Qtip before buying and found them surprisingly smooth.  I did expect them to be dry and clump up on the cotton tip, but they never did.  They just spread easily and smoothly into the color you see in the jar.  What I saw in the jar is the color I got on my skin.

Yves Saint Laurent or YSL for short sells six different colors.  Deep Black-the basic shimmery black; Ashy Black-a shimmer pewter; Cherry Black-wine purple shimmer; Sea Black-shimmer navy; Bronze Black-burnished bronze shimmer; and Jade Black-emerald green shimmer.



I only bought the Sea Black, Bronze Black, and Jade Black.  Those were the ones that really caught my eye due to their vividness and saturation of color.  If you are worried about the the blackness of these, don't be.  The colors are deep but carry their true colors.  The texture is so smooth that they just glide on with any eyeliner brush and apply easily and quickly with any push liner.  You can create a precise winged liner look or go for a smudgey smoky eye.  Using them as eyeshadow is encouraged and very nice in itself.

Here I am wearing the various colors as eyeliners.  If you aren't into dark and want something wearable every single day, go for the Bronze Black which has just a hint of green; great for hazel eyes!

L to R:  Sea Black, Bronze Black, Jade Black

The price of $25 for one gel liner is a major splurge.  But the color and the texture makes it worthwhile for me at least.  No flaking, no clumping, no dryness.  Just pure awe!



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact