[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

I Have the Blues - The Eyeliner Blues

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Do you hear my harmonica?  Do you feel it? Yeah, I have the blues.  They are deep and mysterious, they are shimmery and blue.  They line my lash line or color my waterline.  They are my eyeliner blues!

Okay, I don't know what got into me but yes, I have some blue eyeliners and more than I really need for two eyes at the moment.  I have them in pencil, gel, cake, and loose kohl form.  All different and serve a purpose for many moods.

My Blues

  • Laura Geller Crystal Cobalt ($26USD)-This one is a cake eyeliner, a baked cake one.  Like any cake liner you just wet it with water or do what I do for longer lasting power, use a non-oily eye makeup remover as I explain here.  The result is a soft and shimmery medium blue color.  Cake eyeliners are great for people who want a liner that will emphasize the lash line without it looking too heavy or obvious.
  • YSL Eyeliner Effets Faux Cils in Sea Black ($25USD)-I reviewed this eyeliner here.  This one is one of the smoothest gel eyeliners that I have tried so far.  It is also the most beautiful jewel-toned shimmery/metallic navy blue.  Great color and long lasting!
  • MAC Fluidline in Waveline ($15USD)-I haven't reviewed this but I bought this last month when I went on a MAC binge.  This one is not as navy as I thought it would be.  It is more of a blurple-blue purple color.  No shimmer, just a flat blurple and surprisingly not as saturated in color as I like it to be.  Actually, quite normal in color and can I say a bit boring.  Also, not as smooth as the YSL.
  • Mosha Katani Sormeh in Navy ($16 & $28USD)-I reviewed this kohl powder here.  This is my favorite water liner to date because it doesn't irritate my eyes.  The blue is visible but it is smoky enough to emphasize the water line or lash line.  If you want a natural water liner, try this one.  Mosha now sells them in travel sizes which has enough to last you a long time!
  • MAC Powerpoint in Fly-by-Blu ($15USD)-I believe this is discontinued.  This one is a nice dark blue with some teal glitter.  The glitter stays nicely without wandering off onto the face.  The color is long lasting but if you have an oily lashline, it can fade.  
  • MAC Powerpoint in Prussian ($15USD)-This one is similar in color to the Waveline-a blue purple.  I expected more from this pencil since my other ones had good color but found this one to be slightly disappointing.  The color is dark and the pencil easy to work with, it just fades during the day or the color fades leaving just a smoky flat greyness.  Still it is a pencil and when in a hurry, this is the one I reach for when I want a navy.


There you have my blue eyeliner collection.  Yes, I have the blues or I am going through my "blue" period in my makeup life.  I hope this post helps you decide what blues to go for or what not to buy.  I will probably accumulate more blues in the near future and will post them. 


Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact