Thursday, December 22, 2011

, , , , , ,   |  

Quick Blurb on Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner

After my last post on the fiasco packaging of the eye kohls, I have to say the Revlon Colorstay Creme Gel Eye Liner ($9.99USD) has a pretty nifty packaging system.




I think I have seen this packaging for gel liners for some Asian brand but can't recall which one.   The packaging is one nifty piece of work and is good for that emergency bit of touch up.  In the cap is housed a brush that is similar to Bobbi Brown's Ultra Fine eyeliner brush.  The given brush isn't as luxurious as the real thing but it does its job well.  The brush is suppose to click onto the end of the cap.  I found this to be a bit unreliable because it doesn't exactly click into it sturdily.  Yet, I found on one of the colors it just clicks in really tight.  I guess it is a hit or miss function.


The colors available are very simple and basic: Black, Brown, Charcoal, and Plum.  I just bought the brown and plum.  Brown is just your basic dark brown with just a touch of sparkle.  Plum is not the plummy red purple but the basic purple with the same touch of sparkle.  Both are slightly shimmery.


The texture of the product is creamy yet dries like a gel liner.  You don't have to worry about it drying too quickly, you do have time to smudge it.  Pigment is on the sheer side that isn't to say it is so light, sheer, and see-through.  You just won't get that saturated line the first time but the formula is creamy enough to allow layering without any flaking for more color saturation.  If you are a novice at these cream/gel liners, then you might find this one easy to use.  The product does dry to a smudge proof dry finish without any dryness or tightness.

I have to say that with my recent disappointment of eye kohls, this one makes up for it.  Good basic colors.  Good basic formula.  Good basic product.  :-)


Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs