[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


My reasons for avoiding Maybelline have been well documented by my high school friends. The pictures were proof that back in my salad days, foundation colors didn't come in skin tones, they came in sherbet tones of orange and pink.

Maybelline especially had their space on the drugstore rack to tempt the teens to perfect their complexion with their oily concoction of sunken pigments in glass bottles.  I remember one girl who wore this foundation looking like a Oompa Loompa or a pumpkin head.  The other high schoolers called her pumpkin face behind her back.  Sounded mean but I didn't care because she made my life miserable and I thought she deserved it!  Yeah, mean I know but I am person not a saint when it comes to mean girls.  (Good thing back then we had some common sense and never carried weapons!)

Today, drugstore makeup is hard to ignore especially Maybelline with its new concealer the Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circle Treatment Concealer ($9.99USD and up).

I really wasn't planning on buying this but the Buy 2 and Get 1 Free sale tempted me enough at Ulta.  I bought the Brightener-pink; Neutralizer-Yellow; and concealer in light.  Can I say I was blown away!  I never expected a product like this especially a drugstore product to exceed my expectations.


Packaging alone looked like a gimmick with its soft bouncy sponge head that resembled a…a...a stamping craft gadget.  I thought, probably useless and I would have to use a brush.  WRONG!  I used it as is and spread with my fingers.  My fingers also easily smoothed out the color and left a smooth finish around my eyes.  (I mostly use this around my eye area but it can be used anywhere on the face.)  Not only did I not use a primer (which could vary from person to person) on my eye area but I skipped the eyeshadow base.  (As you know my eyeshadow base that I had been using had become constipated.  I tried to revive it with a laxative but it was blocked completely and had to be thrown away.)  This product acted as the perfect base and let alone for mature lids, none of that tightness or crinkled look.  Eyeshadows went on smoothly without creasing throughout the day.

For oily lids, I do recommend a light dusting of translucent powder BEFORE application for better adherence and less chance of creasing.  I am not saying this is greasy, but there is a chance if the lids are too oily.  Coverage can be anywhere from sheer to full depending on the application.  Allowing a thin layer in the beginning and applying more after is a lot better than applying one thick coat.  Reapplication will not ruin the previous layer applied.  Powder isn't even necessary after application.  It just dries to smooth finish.

In a previous post of Graftobian Neutralizers, I mentioned the pink and yellow which is also available by Maybelline as Brightener and Neutralizer.  These work the same way.  They might not be as pigmented for let's say a very heavily lighted studio setting but for the regular consumer who just walks out into the sunlight and regular lighting situations, these colors work as well as the pro stuff and are time savers thanks to their ease in application.


One important aspect of this product is the removal.  I noticed that with just a swipe of remover there is a layer of residue still on the skin.  I think if this isn't removed properly with a good cleanser, for sensitive and acne-prone skin; this could cause break outs.  Just make sure you remove the concealer well and your skin should be okay. 

Finally, I think I have a drugstore product that I love and I am glad it is practically found in every drugstore across North America!  Good job Maybelline!  I look forward to trying more of your products! Where the hell are your Color Tattoo eyeshadows?

Foundation colors I use: Bobbi Brown Sand; Chantecaille Cream; RCMA KO-1, KO-2; Joe Blasco-Special Medium Olive-1,Olive Beige-1 Warm Olive 1; Julie Hewett Lily, Theda; Laura Mercier-Warm Ivory; MAC NC 20, 25; Make Up For Ever HD #120. 



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact