[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Yes, I Have Some MAC - MAC Paint Pots

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I had an urge to go to the MAC store to buy some stuff, mostly Paint Pots ($17.50USD).  I had some before but lost patience with them and gave them to someone who really loved them.  I soon realized that I never gave them a full chance.  Therefore, my urges had to be fulfilled and I bought the following:

  • Nubile-a soft fleshtone satin peach
  • Half-Wild-satin hyacinth
  • Indianwood-shimmer burnt orange brown
  • Quite Natural-creamy neutral midtone brown
  • Rubeneque-frosty golden peach pink



I bet you are wondering why I lost patience with them before when these are supposedly easy to work with and not to mention have great staying power.  Well, the texture is creamy but slightly dry so on mature lids, they don't slide as easily on as they would on younger skin.  Being slightly on the dry side, the amount of blending takes some practice.  And, when one is half awake in the morning, blending something that is unfamiliar really doesn't work out.  Time is needed.

And practice and experimenting is what I didn't do with my first batch of paints.  Or at least as much as I should.  Since these are "full coverage" eyeshadows, the option to layer them on top of an eyeshadow base and such is really optional.  In fact, you really shouldn't layer them too much on top of anything because the interaction of many products can make the color turn or compromise the staying power.  I know some will argue with me on this.  Here are some suggestions to make application easier. 

  • If you do have discoloration, a thin layer of concealer would be good or use a paint pot as one of your concealers if you find one close to your skin or one that can act as an eye base color.  
  • If you have oily eyelids, swipe the eyelid with astringent first to wipe away some of the oils or better yet, POWDER the lid first with translucent or no-color powder, then apply the eyeshadow.  Sounds weird, but I actually do this a lot, not only for the eye area but with my foundation. 
  • Blend the edges with a brush.  Applying with fingers is fine but if you want a seamless look, blending with a brush is your best bet.
  • If you have dry lids, a touch of primer will make the product go on more smoothly.


These are just a few suggestions with the application technique.  As for color, can I say that Quite Natural is one of the greatest crease colors around, especially good for the tutorials I show on my Into the Palette posts.  Nubile and Rubenesque make great highlighters and cheek colors.

This time around, I have some patience and I am willing to experiment with these pots of paint.  I understand them better and find that they are useful in a makeup collection.




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact