Thursday, January 5, 2012

, , , , , ,   |  

Highlight My Life-Tarte and Inglot Highlighters

I am pasty all year round, summer I wear bronzer and winter I wear highlighter to light up my face because without it I am one dim bulb!  I believe through osmosis these highlighters work to open up my brain, giving it light allowing me to absorb more information.  Or in truth I am just one dim bulb in the winter due to the lack of warmth or the escape of it from my head, shrinking and freezing my brain cells.  With this lack of oxygen, I think my complexion looks dull and I start trying all these highlighters from liquids-Blanc de Chanel to these two powders.  Then after I try these, a part of my brain opens up and a memory of the song "You Light Up My Life" rings through it.


Tarte Amazonian Clay Shimmering Powder ($30USD)

I bought this one in champagne because it actually looked like one big, huge (<---redundancy used for emphasis) great color for eyeshadow.  Guess what?  It actually is a nice sheer soft shimmery champagne beige.  Nothing stark, making it very wearable in daytime light and even on bare skin.  I apply this one as, like I mentioned as an eyeshadow, on my cheekbones, a touch on my forehead, and chin.  Natural and not overdone.


 Inglot AMC White Highlighting Powder ($18USD)

This one, I bought during their Black Friday sale which took awhile to receive.  I waited so long for this one that it dulled my excitement when I received it.  I am not saying it is a bad highlighter.  It is a good one if you want a sharp contrast against the skin, more obvious highlighting and less of the luminous glow.  This one has the shimmer of a metallic finish, a light touch is all that is needed.  I put this on only on the eye area and cheekbones and nowhere else because it looks too obvious in daylight.  Still it has a great texture that is much smoother than the Tarte and feels like a translucent face powder, light and airy.


My complexion brightens, I look awake and my brain starts remembering things from the 70's like the song "You Light Up My Life".  I would put the youtube video of Debbie Boone on this blog but, honestly, I would want to stick my finger down my throat and purge the 70's out of me if I did.  Therefore, for you readers who were just half of those little swimmers, you can just click this here.  And me, I will just put on my elephant headphones and listen to Rush!

Pic taken from Amazon.com


Tarte Ingredients: Mica, ethylhexyl palmitate, zinc stearate, silica, dimethicone, squalane, polyethylene, lauroyl lysine, kaolin, retinyl palmitate, tocopherol, ascorbyl palmitate, sodium dehydroacetate, glyceryl caprylate, p-anisic acid, potassium sorbate. Made in USA. Compact made in China.

Inglot Ingredients:  Mica, nylon-12, zinc stearate, lauroyl lysine, dippg-3 myristyl ether adipate, caprylic/capric triglyceride, dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, tocopherol, hexylene glycol, fragrance, hexyl cinnamaldehyde.  May contain:  boron nitride, calcium aluminum borosilicate, methicone, polyperfluoromethylisopropyl ether, silica, tin oxide red 40 lake, yellow 5 lake, ultramarines, chormium oxide greens, iron oxides, titanium dioxide

Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs