[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

It's 2012 and I am Still Here - Also More Drugstore Buys

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Just like a Hollywood marriage that is annulled, with this post I am nullifying what was to be a good long hiatus  I expected to stay away from this blog a bit longer until about next year!  Okay, I am kidding until Fringe started up again which is on the 13th of January.  (Damn, long hiatus for a show that needs continuity for the storyline to be remembered!)  Maybe, my posts will be fewer since I have more requests on my Into the Palette blog. 


Anyway, here is some more drugstore stuff that I bought because with a clear mind and a new year, I figured why not just buy more makeup since having a New Year's resolution will not work.  In some karmic and metaphysical way, everything resolves itself and I just waste my time worrying too much to follow through a resolution.  So, here is the small haul that I did on January 1st.

I bought more of L'Oreal 24hr Infallible shadows.  I just love these because they are like the Prius of eyeshadows, a reinvention of loose eyeshadows for the 21st century.  In my previous haul, I never noticed the Bronzed Taupe even though the display was new and full.  I guess in my excitement the taupe looked like a copper or just too similar to the Amber Rush.  At a quick glance they do look alike but they are completely different.  Bronzed Taupe has that metallic silver taupe within a neutral brown base and Amber Rush is a maple shimmer (<---makes me want some banana ricotta pancakes)!


I like to pair the Bronzed Taupe with the Continuous Cocoa for that everyday neutral eye look.  Amber Rush looks good with anything green; the colors play off of each other making them both more vibrant looking.  I also bought the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Soufflé blush in Cherubic.  The color isn't quite ethereal but it does make your cheeks round and puff like a cherub.  The color is a warm rose.  The texture is similar to the Maybelline ones although I do find this one a bit lighter and more refined.  However, it does feel like a layer or silicone but not as thick or slick.  The container is all glass which doesn't guarantee it will protect it from drying out.  I wished it were in some kind of squeeze tube because I find myself dipping my finger ever so slightly and still ending up with way too much on it.  Make sure to spread it out enough so it doesn't have that pilling up of product.  It isn't a bad product just feels 20th century to me!


That's my short haul for 2012 so far.  Nothing exciting or prestigious, just little pots of pigments that bring momentary joy until the next new thing comes out.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact