Reviva Labs Makeup Primer

Ever feel like Goldilocks of makeup primers? Trying all the different brands but finding one is just too slimy, the other is just too thick, and another just feels like a layer of goo on the skin.  I know that the main reason why I stop using primers is the comfort factor.  Even though I have stated the importance of primer especially on mature skin, I do find myself skipping this step because it just feels awful by the end of the day.  I have sacrificed the smoothness of my makeup application over my skin's comfort many times only to find myself frustrated with the uneven outcome.  If only there were a primer that felt like nothing on the skin while smoothing it out enough for easy makeup application. 

There just might be one called Reviva Labs Makeup Primer ($19.50USD).


At first glance, I did squirm at the ingredients listing which compared to other primers isn't a lot but it does contain silicones.  Oh no, not that slippery and slimy feel again.  Upon initial application, I did feel the silicones and that worried me not because of any allergic reaction but because of the comfort factor. 


The silicones can feel like a layer or coating on the skin, something that I can't wait to wash off when I get home from a long day.  This one is different because although the silicones work to smooth and prep the skin for the application, the other ingredients seem to allow the feeling of them to disappear without sacrificing the efficacy of smoothness.

What felt like a primer in the beginning felt like nothing on my skin!  And, throughout the day my skin which is normal to dry did not feel dry at all, nor did it feel like it was being over moisturized.  It just felt really comfortable!

I have used this with every form of foundation I have--liquid, cream, tinted moisturizer, and mineral powder.  You know how mineral powder foundation can look drying without a proper layer or even, sometimes, a thick layer of primer; with Reviva the small amount used is enough for powder minerals to apply onto the skin smoothly without any look of dryness. 

mineral powder foundation
This primer smooths fine lines, conceals pores, and controls excess oil. It can be used around the eyes to make eyeshadow application a lot easier.  Since it has moisturizing abilities, for oily skin it can be used alone as a primer/moisturizer.  Also can be used by men to matte out their skin, but watch out you may not get the bottle back! 

If you still feel like Goldilocks of the many primers, then it may be time to try this one.  A primer that is made from as many natural ingredients possible and is paraben-free.  A primer that is reasonably priced at $19.50, a bargain compared to other the cosmetic counter brands.  And, a primer that feels as comfortable as your own skin!

Disclosure: PR sample.

Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blog

Give This Blog a Shout Out

Support this 5 year old independent blog, The Unknown Beauty Blog by giving it proper credit and a link back! Not only will it make me happy, it will make for better blogging/vlogging etiquette. Remember, there are search engines and other people on the internet besides you!

Subscribe by Email


View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs