[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

I Bought Some MAC Pigments

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


Okay, I know I should have posted this at the end of last year but I just got sidetracked and finally posting it now.

Yes, I bought some MAC pigments ($20USD) from the Daphne Guinness collection.  And, for the life of me I don't know what came over me when I was at the Nordstrom MAC counter.  From the website, it said the pigments were sold out at the usual Nordies that I shop at.  Okay fine, I took that as a sign that I don't need them.  I am not really a big fanatic on the stuff.  Then, when I got there I just asked if they had the pigments knowing they were sold out.

Karma had worked against me or is it with me?  The sales assistant goes searching through the drawers and says, "Yes, we do have Circa Plum and Nebula!"  Out came my wallet and the pigments came home with me.  (How weak I am!)

First and foremost, can I say I hate the new container.  The height of it makes it easy to tip over and the click-close cap really isn't assuring compared to the old screw top.  The stuff could spill easily.  I had to put them into another container.

Both of these pigments surprised me because I expected more saturation of color, instead I get a softness in the metallic finish.  Compared to the other older version of pigments I have, these have a softer texture with less clumping of color when applied.  The application doesn't stick to the eyes as well as the old ones.  Still they do apply easier than most brands.

Circa Plum is a shimmery silvery lavender.  Even though it is described as frosty, I find it less frosty than my Stila Kitten shadow.  Dry it goes on quite sheer and soft which makes it a perfect daytime shadow.  Foiled or wet, the intensity is deepened by the opacity and lavender color.  The silver sheen also is more apparent.




Nebula may look like a shale/brown colored pigment in the jar but it isn't as dark as you might think.  The finish is a satin finish with some grey undertones and silver sparkle in a darkened soft brown finish.  Dry it is like a dark silver taupe; and used wet the silver grey finish becomes stronger making it lessen the darkness of the brown.




Are these necessary must haves?  Not really.  Even though they make a nice addition to my set of silver/lavender/purple shadows and browns.  I find you can easily get away with a pressed version and less mess.  Still, they are nice colors.



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact