Sephora Pantone Tangerine Tango Lip Stuff

In my post of the Sephora Pantone collection I just skimmed the surface.  I didn't do an in depth review because there were so many products.  In this post I review the lip products in that collection-lipstick and lipgloss.

There are two lip products in this collection which is really enough for me. You can buy the lipstick individually for$18USD or a set of lipglosses with a variation of finishes for $20USD.  I couldn't see myself with that many tangerine lipglosses and this kit had the one I wanted, the one with the luminous finish.



The lipstick itself has ridges which really has nothing to do with the texture but makes for a different look when you pop it out of your purse to apply in public.


The color is a straight cream with no shimmer. It does have a slight glossy finish and a moisturizing texture which makes this formula have more slip to it than I like.  For me I like a lipstick that applies pigment first then glides on the lips rather than gliding on the lips first and applying a slippery texture of pigment.  Hard to explain but if you have really dry lips, you won't have trouble with these texture.  Due to its slippery texture, the color can be adjustable from sheer to medium opacity.  For maximum opacity I would use a lip pencil close to this color but since I didn't have one I got what is in the picture provided which is good.


The color isn't exactly all tangerine, although hard to detect it does have a slight red to it but the majority does lean towards the flaming tangerine color.

The lipgloss can worn on top of the lipstick or worn alone.  This one I find is more on the vivid tangerine side with gold shimmer.  The texture isn't sticky at all and it wears more like a glossy lipstick.  The applicator is the only negative aspect of this product, it is a flimsy.  During application it bends easily which isn't great when you want to spread the formula smoothly onto the lips.  I ended up using a lip brush.


For some of you, these colors may not be to your liking.  I admit they are a bit loud, however it is Spring and stronger bolder colors are always good to get out of that winter hibernation.  If you aren't into any of the powder products or maybe you just want to add something simple.  Well, a lip product is the simplest way to spring into Spring!



Stats Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs

 

My Other Blogs

Who Am I?

I am Olivia, writer of two beauty blogs with a cult following The Unknown Beauty Blog and Into the Palette. I am a B-List Beauty Blogger with a strong addiction to television!

View My Stats
Lifestyle Blogs
best blogs