[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

More Mineral Fusion Nail Lacquer

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I have to say I was pleased with my first purchase of Mineral Fusion nail lacquer ($7.99USD) that I decided to buy more at Whole Foods.  I figured since my Whole Foods is pretty much a ghost town in the make up department, I would have many choices of color to choose from.

I was wrong! The polish display looked as though it had been pilfered and pillaged by nail polish gnomes.  Getting off the subject a bit, how I wish Whole Foods would expand their cosmetic section with more color products because there are so much more cruelty-free and/or vegan lines now.  And, if they ever expanded, I am sure my wallet would be in trouble or I would be in trouble spending more time there. Okay, back to the polish. Like I mentioned the display had slim pickings and the only colors that I found interesting were Grotto-a soft shimmery lavender with blue shimmer and Sizzle-a soft shimmery raspberry red.




Grotto has that greyness to it upon first impression.  It looked dull and boring in the bottle but upon closer inspection it had these soft shimmers of blue.  Not really visible under indoor lighting for it looks just like sprinkles of lavender shimmer, a tone on tone look.


Sunlight with flash makes the blue shimmer very visible.


Just sunlight, the greyness of the lavender breaks out a bit more.


In the shade just a soft lavender camouflaging its shimmer with what looks like dull silver specks.


Sizzle is the ubiquitous raspberry red with a bit of tone on tone shimmer.  Once in awhile depending on the light, there is a glint and just a glint of what looks to be a gold shimmer but admittedly a bit hard to detect in pictures.


Indoor light brings out the depth of the raspberry.




Sunlight brings out the coolness of emphasizing the shimmer which is less blue than the bottom picture which was taken with a flash and the top taken without one.


In the shade it leans more towards a pink red and disguises itself as a cream finish.

Mineral Fusion really has nice polishes.  The colors are vibrant and the texture is surprisingly smooth which makes them easy to apply.  In the pictures I applied two coats but three is possible for a more opaque finish.

What do you think?  Have you tried any since my last post?



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact