[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Smashbox Shades of Fame Palette

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


I bought this palette before I announced my eyeshadow buying ban, so I am safe and you could say this is my last eyeshadow buy for a while.  (Damn me, I will be so grumpy until I can get through the initial withdrawal symptoms.)  Like the Smashbox Softbox Palette, this is housed in the same style palette with a trial size Photo Finish Lid Primer (not shown).

The Shades of Fame palette is a mix of neutrals and colors that are great for the spring/ summer and well into the crispy fall season. In this collection are nine colors and two cream eyeliners: Bliss-ivory nude; Honey-honey yellow with pink iridescence; Sandstone-shimmery champagne sand; Nude-tan brown; Sherbert-tangerine with gold sparkles; Safari-shimmer olive with gold glints; Pacific-aqua teal; Praline-copper gold; Mocha-coffee brown with gold specks; Gold cream eyeliner-shimmer champagne gold; Bronze cream eyeliner-warm shimmer brown.



Comparing this palette to the previous Softbox, I would say this one is a bit more powdery in texture due to the lack of satiny mattes.  There are only two in this one Bliss and Nude.  The rest are soft shimmers and shimmers with sparkles.  I have heard people complain about fall out, but honestly I don't have a problem with it.  Maybe, it's because of the brush I am using which is a brush less fluffy than the one included or because I have a tendency to pat on my shadows rather than swipe.



The colors themselves especially the non-neutrals are wearable for everyone.  They are translucent and do not scream massive color.  If you are a color-phobe and wanted to try to get into some colors, these shadows are good for the initial dip.  The cream eyeliners can be used as cream shadows but I just use them as eyeliners.  They aren't the long-lasting type.  They do have a tendency to fade if not topped off with a powder.


For this eye look I used Honey as a base which turned the Sherbert a bit pink because of the pink iridescence.  Alone, the Sherbert does have the translucent orange glow. I also applied Pacific on the lid and used the Bronze cream eyeliner.  See, glowy and translucent, all wearable and not too loud.

What do I think about this palette? I like it and it looks to me I am collecting these types of palettes from Smashbox.  This can be the all in one shadow palette for the one who likes a bit more color with their neutrals.  There is room to experiment with all the colors. Is it mature eye friendly? Yes, it is thanks to the nylon-12, application of the powders smooths out easily on a wise-woman's eyes.

What do you think? Is the palette something you want to get? Or do you want something else by Smashbox? Has their BB cream piqued your curiosity?  Do you watch Once Upon a Time?



Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact