[name=Olivia J] [description=I am not your average beauty blogger. Blogging since 2009. Editor of The Unknown Beauty Blog -- Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and Plagiarized by the Idiots!] [img=https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-lQjJcRIw170/V1OXLv8leSI/AAAAAAAAeLE/6w7gg1uTmFEATqiSoBsIJ8_FH45ZUM84QCCo/s500/Olivia%25252520Denim.jpg]

404

We Are Sorry, Page Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found.

Home Page

Simple Eye Make-Up Remover

*Post originally written by Olivia J on The Unknown Beauty Blog.*


In my recent post on Simple Skincare, I mentioned how content I was with this line and ended up buying more.  Particularly, the Simple Eye Make-Up Remover.  Even though my holy grail had been another brand (Rimmel), I decided to try this one and see if it pleased me.

This is how it is described:

 SIMPLE GOODNESS
1 ADDED VITAMIN
   PRO-VITAMIN B5 known to help restore, soften and smooth
NO OIL
NO GREASY residue
NO DYES
NO ARTIFICIAL PERFUMES
NO HARSH IRRITANTS to upset skin

   Dermatologist tested
   Ophthalmologist tested
   Safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens users
   Hypoallergenic
   Noncomedogenic


Okay, sounds good but does it remove eye makeup?  This is what I found out.

Since this does not contain silicones and such, it isn't considered an eye make-up remover that removes waterproof cosmetics especially mascara.  Gel liners or long wearing liners may take a bit more effort.  I found I had to soak the cotton pad with an ample amount of product, then let it sit on my eye for about 30 seconds; this made removal easier.

Aaargh, I feel like a pirate!


Comparing this with my other remover, they do equally remove product; this one I really need to use more product.  Is it bad?  Well, this one isn't irritating on the eye, you don't feel that soapy burn upon initial application.  It is one of the gentlest removers I have tried. 

There are also other ways to use this product.  Like I mentioned in this post, since this is a non-oily eye make-up remover, it will work as an eyeliner/eyeshadow sealant.  I found this one better and gentler than my old brand.  I might have to switch!

Also, I did mention in my previous post for you oily lidded people out there: before you apply any smudge proof eyeshadow base, wipe your eye area FIRST with a non-oily eye makeup remover THEN apply the eyeshadow base for better adherence.  See if that improves the wear time.

I also found this great to remove clumps on lashes from old mascara.  Just get a mascara brush (my case I use a fan brush) dipped in some remover and gently brush the clumps out.


My overall conclusion is that it is a good remover if you don't use a lot of the long-wearing stuff like eyeliners, shadow base, and cream shadows.  Because if you do, you will have to take a minute and soak your eyes with cotton pads for decent removal.  For the other methods I mentioned, it is a great product that is non-irritating and non-stinging.

What do you think? Will you use it as an eye make up remover?  Or will you use it for the methods mentioned?




Read by the Intelligent! Uncredited, copied, and plagiarized by the idiots!
Google+ Linked In Pin It
The Unknown Beauty Blog™ © |    Blog   |   About   |   Contact